Main Menu

List of series in 2000ad and Megazine

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 October, 2021, 06:39:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Right so from a quick filter and sort and stuff there are now 381 thrills on the 'long list' of which 330 are defo going to be included and another 51 therefore that need consideration for one reason or another... getting there, getting there.

Thank you for all the pointers, lists what not.... will try to start to get some questions for feedback up from tomorrow...

Funt Solo

Regarding one-offs: I chose to place things with more than one episode as series - so something like Maze Dumoir or Agent Rat get their own sections under that rule.

It was tempting to banner them either as two-offs, or just a short series category, but hey ho. I didn't.

Some one-offs are more important than others, and things like "Shok!" and "Wynter" are buried in my index as a sub-sub-category: One-Offs | Dreddverse.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

I think with Sinister Dexter it ultimately makes sense to have all of it as one thing. Dabnett is having lots of fun at the moment titling episodes as either 'Sinister' or 'Dexter' as the pov fits, but these, along with Downlode Tales and Malone really are telling one continuous story. I grant you that it'd be fun to single out Malone as its own thing, and of course we are all free to make our own exceptions! It's an especially good story, after all.

I'm also all for keeping Classic Rogue, Fr1day Rogue and Tor Cyan as separate entities, even when characters from each story overlap. The only one I'm confused by is Rogue TrooperS, which is both a Friday story and a Venus Bluegenes story - and otherwise I'd keep them well apart from each other...
Using the Malone rule, I'm tempted to ask for 'the War Machine' to be considered its own thing. Talk about a masterpiece dragged into the toilet by what came after..!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 05 October, 2021, 09:34:01 AM
...I'm tempted to ask for 'the War Machine' to be considered its own thing. Talk about a masterpiece dragged into the toilet by what came after..!

Ohhhh that is a good idea. I'll see where I land with the Sinister Dexter decision and if I go seperate there I'll do the same with War Machine has had ot own release under that title wth no reference to 'Rogue Trooper' so I'll see how I land overall with that...

I, Cosh

What about [spoiler]The Vort[/spoiler]?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 05 October, 2021, 10:07:46 AM
What about [spoiler]The Vort[/spoiler]?

Good point - I guess the [problem I'll have if i do it for one I open a can of worms... so Dead Eyes is currently listed seperately as well I think...

I, Cosh

Reckon there's a whole qualifying group in "stories where it turns out the lead is actually an existing character."
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Arh none of that qualifying and groups stuff here - I've learnt my lesson and we're back to the purity of a knockouts - its just a BIG knockout!

AlexF

Have you revisited Prog 2000 lately? where they had a big knockout tournament not of 'which thrill is best', but of 'which character would beat each other in a fight'.
Good thing they did it before the debut of Shakara or I reckon the vengeance alien may have had it sewn up.
That was fun.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 06 October, 2021, 09:03:48 AM
Have you revisited Prog 2000 lately? where they had a big knockout tournament not of 'which thrill is best', but of 'which character would beat each other in a fight'.
Good thing they did it before the debut of Shakara or I reckon the vengeance alien may have had it sewn up.
That was fun.

Well funny you should mention that but that is one of the things that made me do these tourney's in the first place and just that tourney is on the list and was actually meant to be next BUT I decided I really wanted to get one done for 'Series' and foolishly thought that would be easier to prep given I was behind in my prep work... oh you naive fool Taylor ... and so at the last minute (this weekend!) made the call and started to do the prep for a Series tourney rather than my 'Battle Royale' Prog 2000ad update tourney...

... I maybe regreting that decision now!

Colin YNWA

Decisions no.1*

One-offs don't count by definition and unless I hear howls of derision (or someone points out I'm wrong) that rules out:

Ack-ack Macaque
Bones of Eden
Brass and Bland
Cabal
Deathwatch
Evangelyne
Judge Fear
Judge Joyce
Memento
Repo-Mex
Shaun of the Dead
Spector
Starlord
Stix
Superbean
The Kleggs
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Wulf Sternhammer
Wynter

* Very possibly in a series of one which would be an irony BUT many of these will be questions I suspect to canvas options!

I, Cosh

Oh, is this the first round?

01. Superbean.
02. Bones of Eden.
03. Spector.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 October, 2021, 04:13:30 PM
One-offs don't count by definition...

Then off the top of my head you're missing The Pioneer; Homer the Barbarian; and Candy and the Catchman.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

I think a lot of folk count untitled one-offs as Future Shocks, even if they don't explicitly have the label.

The actual number of one-offs is HUGE.

---

Man, no Wynter? But ... but ...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 October, 2021, 04:50:44 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 October, 2021, 04:13:30 PM
One-offs don't count by definition...

Then off the top of my head you're missing The Pioneer; Homer the Barbarian; and Candy and the Catchman.

They haven't even made it onto the list I was chopping from luckily