Main Menu

Lawless 2022

Started by rogue69, 12 October, 2021, 07:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Down the tubes have an article about next years Lawless con being held inBristol on 28th & 29th May

https://downthetubes.net/?p=131248&fbclid=IwAR1bJMUegi2g_VpGjWubzm7R13I0q0bPgq1MhS46ET47Qn2UPuY4BQDocPM

Colin YNWA

It really is quite the fantastic line-up.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2021, 07:55:35 AM
It really is quite the fantastic line-up.

It truly is and more to come 👍🏻

I did my 1st Lawless in 2019 and loved it and booked to go the following year and was gutted when the shit hit the fan.
So the wife and I have booked the Hotel for next year 🤞🏻 it goes ahead. Just got to save the pennies now.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

GoGilesGo

Cracking line up.

I'll be there.

Jim_Campbell

In news likely to cause dozens of cancellations, I'll be there as part of the Rok of the Reds posse, originally planned for the 2020 Lawless, deferred to this year, and now (fingers crossed!) actually happening in 2022.

I think Abby's coming as well. Not sure about Jim (Boswell) but there's a decent chance you can get a full house of signatures on your Rok TPBs, devaluing them significantly. :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 12 October, 2021, 10:08:21 AM
In news likely to cause dozens of cancellations, I'll be there as part of the Rok of the Reds posse, originally planned for the 2020 Lawless, deferred to this year, and now (fingers crossed!) actually happening in 2022.

I think Abby's coming as well. Not sure about Jim (Boswell) but there's a decent chance you can get a full house of signatures on your Rok TPBs, devaluing them significantly. :-)

Look forward to that I'll be in the queue for those hallowed scrawls 😁- any hint of a 3rd volume announcement around that time?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 12 October, 2021, 10:22:16 AM
any hint of a 3rd volume announcement around that time?

Quoth The Wag: "Only if there's a chance I won't lose money on it."

Don't get me wrong — we'd all love to, but Vol2 launched smack into the start of the pandemic and the complete lack of cons as a sales channel hasn't done the prospects of a third book any favours. :-(

CalHab

That's a real shame. Is there any prospect of a publisher picking it up and rereleasing it?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CalHab on 13 October, 2021, 01:22:17 PM
That's a real shame. Is there any prospect of a publisher picking it up and rereleasing it?

Not sure, TBH. I think the rights to the first volume are tangled up with BHP, but I couldn't swear to that.

Frankly, I think 2000AD might have picked it up if the Regened project had been in full swing when John originally pitched it to them, but Regened wasn't yet so much as a gleam in the Mighty One's eye when he passed on it. Not blessed with fortuitous timing, this book. :-(

CalHab

Ah, but now they have Roy of the Rovers, which could only benefit from having a crossover (Rok of the Rovers?).

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: CalHab on 13 October, 2021, 01:32:01 PM
Ah, but now they have Roy of the Rovers, which could only benefit from having a crossover (Rok of the Rovers?).

I did toy with the idea of asking Rob if he could script in match against the Radford Reds, with Melchester only beating them because star striker Kyle Dixon was on international duties for Scotland. :-)

CalHab

That would be great!

Perhaps a tv in the background showing Dixon knocking in a last gasp winner against the Faroe Islands?

Colin YNWA

There is a happy and peaceful world full of joy and forum members living in blissful harmony where this has / will be happening... I dream of living in that world...

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 October, 2021, 01:33:50 PM

I did toy with the idea of asking Rob if he could script in match against the Radford Reds, with Melchester only beating them because star striker Kyle Dixon was on international duties for Scotland. :-)

I wish Dixon was there last night! That was dire (a win is a win though) Maybe Dixon will turn up soon 👍🏻 😁

rogue69

tickets go on sale on the 7th January
also they are holding the Noble Bolt01 award that will allow someone's event extra special by covering one nominated person's travel. accommodation & ticket all in memory of Bolt 01 & Colin Noble

https://lawlesscomiccon.co.uk/the-noble-bolt01-award/