Main Menu

FFT - What if? Tie 2 - Zombo vs Devlin Waugh

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 September, 2022, 06:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

Devlin Waugh. I haven't read it for years (infrequent Meg reader now) but I hate Zombo. I'm in the minority that don't find it at all funny, and struggle to get through each episode, with the side effect that I never have a clue what's going on.

Colin YNWA

Bit of a toe to toe this one. I think we have one thrill nipping ahead but final day voyes could definately swing this one still. So get um in and I'll count um up.

AlexF

Definitely Devlin.
Zombo's a great character, but after the early episodes with then planet eating people, I found the humour to be more mean-spirited than I like. Still, outstanding art all the way through, and some cracking ideas in there, from the Zom-bee to Obmoz to that Elvis-lookin' dude looking for likes in the most despicable ways.

But, you know, Devlin is typically funnier and better plotted and that's what I like.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well it wasn't close in the end was it. A count revealed that a bit of a rally by Zombo was decieving me and it'd done little else. Bit of a shame this great thrill hasn't returned and feels a little forgotten or unloved. That said Devlin Waugh has been superb from start to current iteration and on that basis I would have voted for it too and and many did and so

Devlin Waugh

Shows that the latest Prog underplays his role in stopping the Zombie invasion.