Main Menu

Prog 2306 - Titanic SF Thrills!

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 November, 2022, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 06 November, 2022, 06:43:51 PM
See, now that attitude I don't really understand.

Which is why I suppose there's only a handful of the same people who ever really post on here...

broodblik

I have a simple philosophy about this you paid for it you have the right to criticize it. If I create something and I do not know what people really think about how I can approve it. I do get it why a lot of folks do not like the regen prog. I would like it to be its own publications as well, but reality is something different. In general, I do not mind the regen progs I do have a problem on how it is scheduled. It should be a break between natural endings not splitting up series or even worse run the last episode directly after a regen prog.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

People have the right to say what they want. If people want to criticise the Regened Prog(s), have at it, although we admins would obviously prefer it if said criticism is constructive.

My point was singularly that I personally find it weird if someone would instantly be turned off of the Prog if it's aimed at a younger age group. As I've said elsewhere, plenty of content in The Phoenix is great. It's just good comics. I own both the Sparks booths. They're fantastic too. We have the Lumberjanes trades as well. All good. And, of course, I have a big collection of older 2000 AD and Treasury strips that were written specifically for children, which I still enjoy reading.

Magnetica

Just caught up with this and agree with a lot of what others have said:

This was probably the poorest Regened yet.

I get why it exists and I'm fine with that.

More continuity in the strips would be good.

There needs to be a way to distinguish between Dredd and Rico.

Oh and the new sport of Gravity Bladding seems odd as a team sport. It's basically just speed (ice) skating isn't it? Plus the new team owner taking on a failing team is something we've seen countless times before.

Overall it's....fine. But it's really rare that I'm ever going to reread a Regened Prog. Only when a strip crosses over to the main Prog and I want to refresh my memory. But even that often feels like a chore.

Beaker

Definitely the weakest Regened so far and I usually enjoy them for what they are. This was a slog to get through.

I enjoyed Bladers, that showed potential but all of the strips were either 'meh' or in the case of the 42 pagesof Ulysses Sweet, utter tripe. (I kept turning the page and thinking...oh, there's more...)
"I've got 'em.....I just ain't scratching!'