Main Menu

Art Stars 2023 Entry

Started by michaelarby, 07 June, 2023, 09:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelarby

Just sharing here for one last hurrah now that its over - my entry for the 2023 Art stars contest. Cheers!
Art website: www.michaelarby.com

Trooper McFad

That's dam good short/ sharp & sweet

Well done
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Legendary Shark

What he said - definitely Dreddworld.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

"Momentarily thereafter" is a genius line.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

michaelarby

Haha on reflection, I dont know why I didnt just say 'Moments later'

I think i should have split that 3rd panel into 2 as well, getting a closer look at the explosion.

The Legendary Shark

No, I think that third panel's great as it is - emphasizing the distance between Bill and the control he has over his own life.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Le Fink

As above, and I love the percent symbol and the cowering/surprised expression in the penultimate panel. Very nice.

michaelarby

Quote from: Le Fink on 08 June, 2023, 01:32:22 PMAs above, and I love the percent symbol and the cowering/surprised expression in the penultimate panel. Very nice.

Those i actually noticed from the accountant judges in the small house storyline (if i recall correctly) so thought would be a fun detsil to include!

Funt Solo

Quote from: michaelarby on 08 June, 2023, 05:30:40 PM
Quote from: Le Fink on 08 June, 2023, 01:32:22 PMAs above, and I love the percent symbol and the cowering/surprised expression in the penultimate panel. Very nice.

Those i actually noticed from the accountant judges in the small house storyline (if i recall correctly) so thought would be a fun detsil to include!

Yeah - Weston uses them:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Le Fink

Quote from: michaelarby on 08 June, 2023, 05:30:40 PMThose i actually noticed from the accountant judges in the small house storyline (if i recall correctly) so thought would be a fun detsil to include!
Ah, I did not spot that at the time. Nice one. My art stars entry was considerably more rustic than most art-wise but it was a really good challenge to come up with a complete one-page story and then translate it to a comic. Much more involved than I expected!