Main Menu

I like the new Look!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 02 February, 2023, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: WebAdmin on 03 February, 2023, 10:15:31 AMPlease PM your ip address https://www.whatismyip.com

It sounds like your IP address might have been blocked for some reason.

My IP (IPv4)

Hope that helps???

IndigoPrime

That's not one of the logged ban triggers in the admin area.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 February, 2023, 05:50:31 PMThat's not one of the logged ban triggers in the admin area.

Dammit. I wonder what's happening???

IndigoPrime

If there's an IP ban, it should show up with a ban reason when you login. (We've had that elsewhere, where some poor sods haven't been able to login for months, because their IP matches some spammer or other. And then I've had to wade through the backlog of dozens of identical ban messages, updating them all to see which is the culprit. Fun times.)

Honestly, what's going on with your access doesn't make a jot of sense.

Richard

Thought the search function might work, but it doesn't.

Leigh S

The main way I interact with the forum seems to have been nuked? 

a list of updated topics - clicking on "updated topics" ddoesnt seem to give me that same "last 10 posts" list I normally use?

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

nxylas

Quote from: nxylas on 02 February, 2023, 09:06:48 PMNext order of business is to try and think of an avatar. Something 2000AD-related, but not so obvious that a dozen other people use it.
Apologies for quoting myself, but I can't seem to figure out how to select an avatar. Can anyone help?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

Found a mod that might help with applying a "recently updated topics" link for the board: Recent Topics On "Recent Posts" Page.

Other issues summarized:
  • Logging in "forever" seems not to actually work.
  • The search function errors on any search at all - it's broken.
  • The light/bright option we were directed to use doesn't appear to exist.
  • No spoiler tags (but mods available here).
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 04 February, 2023, 05:03:58 PM
Quote from: nxylas on 02 February, 2023, 09:06:48 PMNext order of business is to try and think of an avatar. Something 2000AD-related, but not so obvious that a dozen other people use it.
Apologies for quoting myself, but I can't seem to figure out how to select an avatar. Can anyone help?

On my PC, there's a little drop down menu arrow at the top-left of the page (it's ridiculously tiny and seemingly designed so that you won't be able to notice it).

Click that and select "Profile Details".

The top section is "Personalized Picture", and there are lots of options. I use "Upload an avatar", and "Choose File". (In advance, I prepare a suitable image, and tend to use 128x128, but I can't remember why.)
An angry person from the nineties who needs to get a room.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fate Amenable to Change on 04 February, 2023, 05:55:40 PMThe search function errors on any search at all - it's broken.

To be fair, that's not really a huge difference from the old 'search' function, which didn't error out, but which literally never returned any useful results, regardless of how specific your search terms were.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I just put "site:forums.2000ad.com" at the end of my google search if I'm looking for something here.
You may quote me on that.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Magnetica on 03 February, 2023, 12:46:30 PM
Quote from: Richard on 03 February, 2023, 11:57:04 AMPlease can we have the "Active Topics" button back?

There are what appear to be links to Unread Posts and Updated Topics at the top of the screen, but when I click on them, nothing happens.

I get the same thing. But it seems to work if I turn the screen sideways. Or wide rather than portrait, whatever the terms are.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 04 February, 2023, 06:42:17 PMI just put "site:forums.2000ad.com" at the end of my google search if I'm looking for something here.

Ah. That's interesting —- I'll give that a go, but I was talking about the in-site search feature, which has always been (to channel Billy Butcher) "fuckin' diabolical". 🙂
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Daveycandlish

Weirdly, I can access the forum on my chromebook I use at home but when I try to access on my iphone it says I'm banned!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!