Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincnash

Quote from: JWare on 08 February, 2023, 06:21:51 PMSmiffy gets a dial on his head with four settings.

1 - witless
2 - foolish
3 - unintelligent
4 - empty-headed
:lol:

rogue69

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 08 February, 2023, 11:49:57 PMI'm intrigued by Diceman. I have read through a couple of the Dredd and Rogue games, but what else is included in Diceman? (What other characters and story types?)
It is very Pat Mills character heavy as he wrote most of them there's one based on Ronald Reagan, A couple based around a new character the Dice Man an old fashioned private eye, Nemesis, a couple new Slaine, Torquemada & the A.B.C Warriors

nxylas

Quote from: rogue69 on 09 February, 2023, 09:49:24 AMA couple based around a new character the Dice Man an old fashioned private eye,
Drawn by Steve Dillon, IIRC.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 08 February, 2023, 11:49:57 PMI'm intrigued by Diceman. I have read through a couple of the Dredd and Rogue games, but what else is included in Diceman? (What other characters and story types?)

If you follow the link to the shop, it lists all the contents:

House of Death (Dredd)
Cauldron of Blood (Slaine)
Dragoncorpse (Slaine)
Ring of Danu (Slaine)
Torture Tube (Nemesis)
The Garden of Alien Delights (Torquemada)
Killothon (Rogue Trooper)
Space Zombies (Rogue Trooper)
Volgo The Ultimate Death Machine (Hammerstein)
In the Bronx No One Can Hear You Scream (Diceman*)
Dark Powers (Diceman)
Bitter streets (Diceman)
Murder One (Diceman)
The Tomb of Terror (Slaine)
Twilight's Last Gleaming (Ronald Reagan)

*A 1930s American private detective with psionic powers
@jamesfeistdraws

Dash Decent

Quote from: JWare on 08 February, 2023, 06:21:51 PMThe Bash Street Kids are perfect for the Dreddverse!
Fatty gets a belly wheel, Plug gets an endorsement from Otto Sump, and Smiffy gets a dial on his head with four settings.

I did an Advent calendar entry years ago that was slightly similar, but with Fleetway/IPC characters - The Slimms had the belliwheels, de-aged pilot Kidd in Robohunter was Sweeny Toddler, Hit Kid was the Dead Man, (Judge) Lazy Bones had put a snooze button on his sleep machine, and Nick Stone, Meltdown Man, was uncle to Fuss Pott.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Lawman of the Present

Quote from: JWare on 08 February, 2023, 06:21:51 PMI can see it!
The Bash Street Kids are perfect for the Dreddverse!
Fatty gets a belly wheel, Plug gets an endorsement from Otto Sump, and Smiffy gets a dial on his head with four settings.

Reckon they'd make good wannabe Dark Judges!

"Gazzze into the faccce of Plug!" would be enough to kill any citizen with fright.

AlexF

At the risk of being boringly obvious, might the Niemand-helmed crossover involve a Megatropolis-style makeover for more characters? Proteus Vex becomes some sort of fifth columnist; Cyd Finlea explores a hidden world of undersea / Hollow Earth kingdoms; SinDex become literal Vincent and Jules etc...

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 February, 2023, 11:03:36 AM

If you follow the link to the shop, it lists all the contents:

House of Death (Dredd)
Cauldron of Blood (Slaine)
Dragoncorpse (Slaine)
Ring of Danu (Slaine)
Torture Tube (Nemesis)
The Garden of Alien Delights (Torquemada)
Killothon (Rogue Trooper)
Space Zombies (Rogue Trooper)
Volgo The Ultimate Death Machine (Hammerstein)
In the Bronx No One Can Hear You Scream (Diceman*)
Dark Powers (Diceman)
Bitter streets (Diceman)
Murder One (Diceman)
The Tomb of Terror (Slaine)
Twilight's Last Gleaming (Ronald Reagan)

*A 1930s American private detective with psionic powers

Thanks rogue69 and Jimbo, this actually sounds really great. I enjoyed walking through the Dredd game in one of the Restricted Files some time ago.

Rogue Judge

Was Case Files 41 delayed? It's nowhere to be found online. I wait for these Case Files like a kid waits for Christmas! Hopefully it becomes available soon.

rogue69

robprosser

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 13 February, 2023, 01:05:06 AMWas Case Files 41 delayed? It's nowhere to be found online. I wait for these Case Files like a kid waits for Christmas! Hopefully it becomes available soon.
It's definitely out. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago from the store.

OrnateColt

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 13 February, 2023, 01:05:06 AMWas Case Files 41 delayed? It's nowhere to be found online. I wait for these Case Files like a kid waits for Christmas! Hopefully it becomes available soon.

I have mine, bought from the 2000ad webshop. Its showing as available there for me, but others are saying the print version isn't showing.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: rogue69 on 13 February, 2023, 06:28:59 AMAmazon have it as released on the 2nd Feb, but it's delivery time is between the 9th & 16th March

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Complete-Case-Files/dp/1786187744/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1676269287&sr=8-1

Thanks again rogue. It's not available on Books Depository, Awesome Books (my go-by for trades), the Webshop, or Amazon (.ca), so I was thinking that is was delayed.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: OrnateColt on 13 February, 2023, 08:46:08 AM

I have mine, bought from the 2000ad webshop. Its showing as available there for me, but others are saying the print version isn't showing.

Yeah I don't see a print opinion either.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: robprosser on 13 February, 2023, 08:44:34 AM
It's definitely out. I got my copy a couple of weeks ago from the store.

Glad you got one, I'll keep my eyes peeled. Thanks.