Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deedeetee

I had ordered from Amazon last week, and it was not showing a dispatch date any time soon, so yesterday I ordered it direct from the 2000AD Shop (here), and got a dispatch notification this afternoon...

broodblik

I still cannot see the paper version as available but in my case I believe it is due to my location. I am outside the UK.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

I'm also outside the UK.  I ordered it from the Book Depository.  It turned up today.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Misty: 45 Years of Fear Hardcover - 272 pages, 12th September 2023

"Gothic horror, startling science fiction and the occult collide in this essential collection of cult British comics classic Misty!

"The most peculiar, imaginative and challenging work in British comics " -The New Statesman

In 1978 British comics were changed forever with the release of Misty, the classic cult horror comic for girls. Masterminded by Pat Mills, the original editor of 2000 AD, this weekly comic featured the best comics talent working on haunting, terrifying tales. From high 70s glamour to chilling stories that have haunted readers for decades, this Essential Collection curates the creepiest, campest Misty serials and short stories alongside critical essays, in a volume perfect for readers old and new."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Comic Book Punks: How a Generation of Brits Reinvented Pop Culture - Hardcover 352 pages, 21st November 2023

"The influence of the comic book has never been greater, from movies to streaming and beyond, but the journey comics took from little-regarded kids' magazines to literary prize-winning books and global franchises turned on a highly unusual group of writers and artists. Few would have expected a small gathering of British comic book fans and creators in the early 'seventies to be a global cultural pivot-point, but this was the start of a disparate movement of punks, dropouts and disaffected youths who reinvented a medium and became the imaginative heart of a global success story.

Based on years of interviews with a generation of leading writers, artists and editors, Karl Stock reveals the true story of the wild times, passion and determination that helped, hindered and saw the reinvention of comics.

Stock brilliantly tells the story of the triumphs and disasters that rewrote the rulebook on what comics could be and who they should be for."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

That cover would be much better if they used letters from real British comics (Buster, Whoopee, Cheeky, etc) for the ransom note-style lettering.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Dash Decent on 14 February, 2023, 12:03:26 PMI'm also outside the UK.  I ordered it from the Book Depository.  It turned up today.

Outside the UK seems to be my issue too. I see it now on Book Depository, but already found a decent deal on Ebay. Looks like we'll all get our copy, one way or another. Thanks

broodblik

Battle Action Issue One pre-order and webstore exclusive cover:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCS2361

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

That's an auto-purchase for me. Who did the cover? It's perfect.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 16 February, 2023, 09:58:32 AMThat's an auto-purchase for me. Who did the cover? It's perfect.

The cover was done by Keith Burns. He will also do all the covers

Barrington Boots

Cheers Broodblik. I originally wrote "Who did the cover? Was it Keith Burns?" but I backtracked in case it wasn't and I looked daft. Brilliant choice of artist for this.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Did someone say Battle Action was limited to a five issue run?  I see they've written the issue number as a word at bottom right of the cover.  That works if they're only going to issue five, or even if they extend it to ten of twelve, but beyond that they'll have to switch to numerals.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

broodblik

The 2023 series consists out of 5 issues and if it is successful they can either then continue from number 6 or just say series 2024 number one again

broodblik

Coming to the prog in May:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Former Judge Kyle Asher is working against the crims in new Dredd story "A Fallen Man"; Rogue Trooper has to get used to fighting with his new comrades in "Blighty Valley"; mutant vampire Durham Red drops into dangerous territory in "Mad Dogs"; some of Azimuth's secrets are revealed as a stranger comes calling in the new series; and "Void Runners" takes a trip into a hallucinogenic cosmos!

broodblik

Coming to the meg in May:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! Lawless is back this issue for the next arc "Wanted" by Dan Abnett and Phil Winslade as Metta Lawson becomes embroiled in organised crime and her former Judge partners are now trying to take her down. Plus there's more thrilling drama in Judge Dredd, Dreadnoughts, Spector and Death Metal Planet, the next chapters of Anderson, Psi-Div by Matt Smith and Carl Critchlow and Johnny Red by Garth Ennis and Keith Burns, interviews, features and much more!