Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

From Kenneth Niemand's twitter:

They said it couldn't be done, but mostly they said it shouldn't be done.  The sequel to Grinder, aka 'Dredd vs a street bin'.

"This time, it's portaloos."

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

nxylas

I just found out yesterday that niemand is Dutch for nobody. Sorry if everybody already knew this.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 February, 2023, 06:00:26 AMTThe Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire - Volume V - Paperback,  24th October. 2023, 240 pages.
I'm glad to see this, but, man, it's a bit of a jolt to see Oli Frey's name on there. A real shame he didn't live to see this in print, having died last August (and that nor did his partner, Roger Kean, who died earlier this year).

paddykafka

Obviously, Tharg felt that he had nothing to Loos.

Just to note that this pun was in reference to the latest Niemand story. Posted it before seeing the post above me. Sad news about Oli Frey and his partner, Roger Kean. May they RIP.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 25 February, 2023, 02:00:45 PMI just found out yesterday that niemand is Dutch for nobody. Sorry if everybody already knew this.

Kenny Who?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Quote from: nxylas on 25 February, 2023, 02:00:45 PMI just found out yesterday that niemand is Dutch for nobody. Sorry if everybody already knew this.

Actually Afrikaans, the direct translation in Dutch is no one. It is also a surname in Afrikaans
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 25 February, 2023, 01:12:22 PMFrom Kenneth Niemand's twitter:

"This time, it's portaloos."

# Portaloos, couldn't escape if I wanted to #
  - someone stuck in a PF again.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Tomwe

Surprised this is the first time this has been posted on the forum. Is that a sign of this groups interest levels? I'll buy it I expect.

Colin YNWA

Well up for this. Great to see things branching out.

IndigoPrime

I mean, it's got Roger Langridge in. So that's a definite purchase for me.

13school

Quote from: Tomwe on 09 March, 2023, 10:29:06 AMSurprised this is the first time this has been posted on the forum. Is that a sign of this groups interest levels? I'll buy it I expect.

Honestly, I'm always interested enough to check out anything different 2000AD tries. But as I'm a generation or so removed from my YA reading days, I suspect my commitment to this one will largely come down to how much spare cash I have at the time.

Plus while I have in no way matured since my YA days, the market definitely has - there's bound to come a time when I have to admit that my dubious tastes in violent entertainment and those of today's youth no longer overlap.

Leigh S

I thnk this has a lot of potential

Always been a big fan of Juve focussed stuff - the text stories in the annuals, Chopper, Dog Deever etc.

So long as it keeps the social bite necessary, and has writers who can deliver on the settings potential, then this could be a real winner.  Disaffected youth should in theory flock to a story set in a plae where the youth are maximally disaffected!

Dash Decent

For a moment there I thought "Mega City Max" was the adventures of the young Max Normal.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.