Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 March, 2023, 12:26:56 PMThe Thirteenth Floor - Paperback, 80 pages, 28th September 2023.

This seems to be a collection of newer material.  Authored by Guy Adams (& Jose Ortiz?), with Fraser Irving, John Stokes, and Tom Paterson listed as artists.

Webshop edition:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Greg Capullo Judge Dredd: The Darkest Judge variant cover:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 30 April, 2023, 08:11:11 PMGreg Capullo Judge Dredd: The Darkest Judge variant cover:

Capullo giving some decent Mk 1 Lawgiver...

That's it baby - gimme all 6 types of bullets.

rs_jr

Any news or a realistic chance of getting Dante reprints ?

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rs_jr

I mean in print and not digital

hellscrape

Did the Joe Pineapples book ever actually come out? Not to stir the pot, but it seems as if there is no interest in reprinting Mills' later works; that could be for valid financial reasons (books don't sell?) or other (valid) reasons.

13school

It looked like the collection was initially scheduled back when the series was meant to be appearing in 2022. Once a listing appears on the internet it tends to stay there even when circumstances change and the book is delayed or cancelled.

As the original publication date was within weeks (days?) of the series finishing in the prog that was never going to happen, but the old listing stayed active on a lot of bookselling sites.

hellscrape

That makes sense, thank you for the information. As I don't read the prog itself and only go for collected editions, I don't really know when what gets published.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in August:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Comedy-horror series "Portals & Black Goo" by John Tomlinson and Eoin Coveney wraps up, but there's a new case for Herne & Shuck in "Maxwell's Demon" by David Barnett and Lee Milmore. Plus, Hershey's journey reaches its finale "The Cold in the Bones" by Rob Williams and Simon Fraser, things get stranger in Azimuth by Dan Abnett and Tazio Bettin, and Judge Dredd faces off against former Judge Kyle Asher in "A Fallen Man" by Ken Niemand and Tom Foster! Prog 2346 is the third bumper Regened issue of the year with stories for all ages, featuring Cadet Dredd, Lowborn High, Bladers, and more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in August:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The lawman targets a citizen in "Fitting the Description" by Mike Carroll and Nicolo Assirelli, there's a complete Tale From the Black Museum, "The Tooth Will Kill You," plus there's more thrilling drama in Lawless by Abnett & Winslade, Dreadnoughts by Carroll & Higgins, and Spector by Wagner & Cornwell, the next chapters of Johnny Red by Ennis and Burns, and Rogue Trooper by Brian Ruckley and Alberto Ponticelli, and interviews, features and much more!

IndigoPrime

"Rogue Trooper by Brian Ruckley and Alberto Ponticelli"

Huh. I'm really enjoying what Ennis is doing with Rogue, but I'd have very happily seen more of that IDW Rogue Trooper. It was an interesting take. A real pity it ended so abruptly.

Dash Decent

Who wants an Annual for Christmas?

Discussion here.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 May, 2023, 08:12:36 PM"Rogue Trooper by Brian Ruckley and Alberto Ponticelli"

Huh. I'm really enjoying what Ennis is doing with Rogue, but I'd have very happily seen more of that IDW Rogue Trooper. It was an interesting take. A real pity it ended so abruptly.

There was a brief time, a decade ago, when The Ruck was heralded as the potential savior of the Rogue Trooper series - but I'm all-in on the new strip by Ennis and Goddard.

Quote from: Dash Decent on 30 May, 2023, 03:33:53 PMWho wants an Annual for Christmas?

The lot of us.

Fantastic cover by Flint.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll