Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

The Tomorrow People: The Complete Look-In Strips [Volume 1] - August 2023, 248 pages, Hardback.

Another Chinbeard books collaboration with Rebellion, Oak Tree & the British Treasury of Comics.  Pre-orders save £5.

"This is Volume One of a two-volume collection featuring every Look-In strip of The Tomorrow People. It includes many pages lovingly restored from the original art boards, and four never-before-printed pages of missing comic adventure action."

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

^^ 120 pages of this volume were scanned from the original art.

A micro-site here allows you to use a slider bar on several pictures to see the difference.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Max Headroom

I was wondering if anyone out there had any information regarding the 'Fiends of the Eastern Front' book which is tentatively scheduled for some time before the end of the year. Amazon lists it as due in October, whilst Forbidden Planet opts for a December release date. It is interesting that these two big suppliers have it as forthcoming, whilst I have heard nothing from Rebellion or on this forum. Amazon go on to say it is "a luxury omnibus expanded and updated in definitive edition" which all sounds really promising. I am hoping that someone could confirm if it is still viable for this year and, if so, whether it will contain any material extra to that featured in the Ultimate Collection version?

dak

fiends of the eastern front is coming in December pre-order on webshop in July

broodblik

Coming to the prog in September:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Judge Dredd thriller "A Fallen Man" comes to its explosive finale, as does Hershey and Azimuth, plus there's a 3-parter "Die Hoard." Prog 2350 is a special bumper 48-page standalone issue imagining what the Galaxy's Greatest Comic would've been like if Battle Action had merged with it in the early eighties-look out for Judge Dredd: "Juves Rule," El Mestizo, Major Eazy: "The Treasure of Solomon," Death Game 2049, Hellman of Hell Force, and more! Prog 2351 is the start of an all-new line-up, including Judge Dredd: "Poison," Feral & Foe, Helium: Scorched Earth, plus a special one-off clash between two classic characters by Garth Ennis & Henry Flint!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in September:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! The Battle Action drama crosses over into the Dredd universe with one-off stories for Judge Dredd by Ken Niemand and Nick Percival, behind the Sov lines thrills courtesy of Mike Carroll, and more. Plus there's more thrilling drama in Lawless by Abnett & Winslade, Dreadnoughts by Carroll & Higgins, and Spector by Wagner & Cornwell, the next chapters of Johnny Red by Ennis and Burns, and Rogue Trooper by Brian Ruckley and Alberto Ponticelli, and interviews, features and much more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Looking forward to those forthcoming thrills- I'm intrigued to see where Feral & Foe will go as I've enjoyed it so far
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Was there discussion about Battle and 2000ad merging? Genuinely curious, as if there was then I didn't know.
Lock up your spoons!

IndigoPrime

"Helium: Scorched Earth"

What? Really?

JohnW

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 23 June, 2023, 09:53:25 PMWas there discussion about Battle and 2000ad merging? Genuinely curious, as if there was then I didn't know.
Can't imagine it was ever considered.
A Battle/2000AD merger would have been a chalk and cheese sandwich.

Nothing to do with potential mergers, but I gave up on Battle when they moved away from the strictly war stories in early '82.
One week Cam Kennedy was giving us a Hollywood stuntman with a pump-action shotgun commanding an infantry outfit in Italy. The next week he's drawing a story about a guy who drives a truck. The hook? The trucker is a Brit but he's working in the States!
At the same time 2000AD was running the Apocalypse War.
Now there was a war story.
Guess which comic got my pocket money.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Monarch

holy crap new helium? hell has frozen over

IndigoPrime

Dare we now also hope for new Brass Sun, or is that a step too far?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 June, 2023, 07:56:31 PMDare we now also hope for new Brass Sun, or is that a step too far?

To be fair Helium has been gone for a decent few years longers than Brass Sun - but heavens to Betsy we do need that strip back.

Heck if we do get Helium back (we've had that teased before - though not in solicitations so...) I might actually believe we'll get a resolution to Lobster Random!

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files: Volume 43 - Paperback, 304 pages, 18th January 2024

Dawn of Justice!

In this volume of the best-selling Complete Case Files series, Dredd uncovers the House of Pain, a no-way-out, brutal torture prison for serial perps, and must stop Orlok from spreading a lethal bio-virus – from beyond the grave! And, after a mysterious package is delivered to the Grand Hall of Justice, Dredd ventures into the Cursed Earth in search of answers that will unveil the history of the Judges, and their ascent to total power.

(Worst CF image ever! Is Dredd suffering from dwarfism?)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

This'll please you!  Love those vibrant colours.

Strontium Dog Search and Destroy 3: The 2000 AD Years - Hardcover, 192 pages, 1st February 2024

In 2150 a catastrophic war led to 70% of Britain's population being wiped out. Strontium 90 fallout led to an increase of children being born with strange mutations. Hated by average humans, the mutants faced terrible oppression when politician, Nelson Kreelman, introduced a series of anti-mutant laws enforced by a brutal police force.

In 2167 the mutants decided to fight back. Amongst their ranks was a young boy with named Johnny Alpha with white blank eyes and a mutant power that grants him a series of powers, including the ability to see through many surfaces. Driven by personal tragedy, Johnny has a very personal reason wanting to topple the regime and bring Kreeler down.

Co-written by Alan Grant (Batman)and John Wagner (A History of Violence) and featuring the artwork of Carlos Ezquerra (Judge Dredd), this collection features the explosive origin of Johnny Alpha in 'Portrait of a Mutant', a tale widely considered to be the greatest Strontium Dog story of all.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll