Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

Quote from: Max Headroom on 20 July, 2023, 07:38:19 PMIt looks from the contents that the upcoming 'Fiends of the Eastern Front' volume will only feature four stories compared with the Hachette Ultimate Collection version's five. The story 'Fiends of the Western Front' (Progs 2111-2115) is not listed as appearing. This is disappointing, as I would have at the very least expected it to match the Hachette book, if not offer more. Can anyone confirm that it will definitely be missing the aforementioned story?

I note the cover for the forthcoming Fiends collection now states VOLUME ONE on the front, suggesting there could be a second volume if enough further tales accumulate...

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

This looks wicked! Great creative team for this, looking forward to it!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

nxylas

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 21 July, 2023, 01:59:23 PMThis looks wicked! Great creative team for this, looking forward to it!
Me too. And it's nice to see the letterer getting credited on the front cover. along with the writer and artists.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Colin YNWA

Lovely to see Paul Grist putting stuff out again. Shame he's not on art (I think) as his art is exceptional.

Not that Anna Morozova or Tom Foster are slouches of course!

Max Headroom

Quote from: davidbishop on 20 July, 2023, 09:12:47 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 20 July, 2023, 07:38:19 PMIt looks from the contents that the upcoming 'Fiends of the Eastern Front' volume will only feature four stories compared with the Hachette Ultimate Collection version's five. The story 'Fiends of the Western Front' (Progs 2111-2115) is not listed as appearing. This is disappointing, as I would have at the very least expected it to match the Hachette book, if not offer more. Can anyone confirm that it will definitely be missing the aforementioned story?

I note the cover for the forthcoming Fiends collection now states VOLUME ONE on the front, suggesting there could be a second volume if enough further tales accumulate...

I sincerely hope there will be a second volume including the omitted story and further tales. Just out of interest, can anyone remember which stories come after 'Fiends of the Western Front' as Barney has not been updated this far (?)

broodblik

I think I have everything covered:

Fiends Of The Western Front - prog 2111-2115
Constanta - prog 2201-2211
1963 - prog 2273-2285
Wilde West (Prologue) - 2310
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

Thanks, broodblik. I guess that makes a volume two of 'Fiends' both viable and desirable.

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 21 July, 2023, 07:05:10 PMJust out of interest, can anyone remember which stories come after 'Fiends of the Western Front' as Barney has not been updated this far (?)

Best source is here

https://2kstages.github.io/AtoZ/FiendsOfTheEasternFront/data.html

Confusingly the promo blurb mentions DaNi as a contributor to Volume 1 but no mention of Fodder (published three years before Strange Meeting) in the list.

Funt Solo

Just to confuse matters, there are now two "Fiends of the Western Front" - the one that's using "Western" to refer to a location in WWII (from 2018-19), and the one that's set in the wild west (from 2022).

This listing contains the former: Fiends of the Eastern Front
This listing contains the latter: Fiends of the Western Front
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

davidbishop

Still a bit sad I never got to write more Fiends of the Rising Sun...

JayzusB.Christ

Aye, your Fiends stuff was cracking.  Can an ex-Tharg not twist a current Tharg's arm about such matters and get some more Bish-OP Fiends into the prog?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

Coming to the prog in October:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Judge Dredd tracks the suspects responsible for passing on the pathogen to Hershey in "Poison," Feral & Foe battle Malignkind, and there's war in the skies in Helium: Scorched Earth; plus two new series start in #2352-The Fall of Deadworld: Retribution, and alien refugee epic The Devil's Railroad!

broodblik

Coming to the meg in October:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! There's a complete Dredd story, "Risk Assessment," and another dive back into history with Mega-City 2099. Plus there's more thrilling drama in Lawless, Dreadnoughts, and Spector, the next chapters of Johnny Red, and Rogue Trooper, and interviews, features and much more!

nxylas

Quote from: broodblik on 24 July, 2023, 12:51:06 PMComing to the meg in October:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! There's a complete Dredd story, "Risk Assessment," and another dive back into history with Mega-City 2099. Plus there's more thrilling drama in Lawless, Dreadnoughts, and Spector, the next chapters of Johnny Red, and Rogue Trooper, and interviews, features and much more!
Sounds like a good line-up.

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!