Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

It looks like it is going to happen, the return of Helium. From 2000AD twitter (or x mark the spot or whatever I have too much money person wants to call it) feed:

2000 AD 2351: the jumping-on issue! Out 27th September and featuring the new series of Ian Edginton & D'Israeli's sci-fi saga HELIUM!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The Rise And Fall Of The Trigan Empire Volume V - Webshop Exclusive Hardcover:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Glad this is happening. I wish Oli was still around to see it.

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 05 September, 2023, 05:20:58 AMIt looks like it is going to happen, the return of Helium.

Oxygen Magnesium!!!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Leigh S on 07 July, 2023, 08:46:16 PM192 pages for Search Destroy Vol 3 suggests that we are getting Muties Luck 6 pages/ Doc Quince Case 21 pages/ Bad Boys Bust 21 pages/ Portrait of a Mutant 93 pages / The Gronk Affair 22 pages

Thats 163 pages so Kid Knee sadly doesnt quite fit and will presuambly be split from the 200s run and bumped in with the 335 return era

Does leave room for Assault on Trigol 3 / Night of the Blood freaks / Kurtis Job / The Kroll Affair hopefully....

Spot on, Leigh!  The Gronk Affair is not listed but "include" implies this isn't an exhaustive list:

"Stories include:

Mutie's Luck
The Doc Quince Case
The Bad Boys Bust
Portrait of a Mutant
Assault on Trigol 3!
The Kroll Affair
The Kurtis Affair
Night of the Blood Freaks"

Be still, my beating heartsies!

Webshop cover now up in the 2024 thread.  A striking image and bold use of colour, but I think I'll be sticking with King Carlos all the way.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Christmas previews for both the Prog and the Meg have just been released.

2000 AD PROG #2361
Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! The last regular issue of the year features more all-out action in Feral & Foe; Helium: Scorched Earth; The Fall of Deadworld: Retribution; The Devil's Railroad; and there's a complete Judge Dredd thriller!

2000 AD PROG #2362 CHRISTMAS MEGA SPECIAL 2023
The Galaxy's Greatest Comic marks the end of another year with the traditional festive blowout—a 100-page mega-special featuring brand-new stories. The run of Feral & Foe, Helium, Fall of Deadworld and The Devil's Railroad all continue, but they're joined by complete one-off tales for Judge Dredd, Azimuth, Rogue Trooper, Fiends of the Eastern Front, Anderson, Psi-Div and Strontium Dog. Plus much more!

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #463
More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! There's a complete festive Judge Dredd story, plus the 20-page finale to the current Lawless arc by Dan Abnett & Phil Winslade, DeMarco, P.I.: "A Picture Paints" by Laura Bailey and Rob Richardson, and Spector by John Wagner & Dan Cornwell, the next chapter of Johnny Red by Ennis and Burns, the start of a Hookjaw series by Si Spurrier and Conor Boyle, and interviews, features and much more!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Colin YNWA

Interesting that all the regular stories seem to be running through the end of year special.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 October, 2023, 08:17:07 AMInteresting that all the regular stories seem to be running through the end of year special.

Someone recently mentioned that the Dredd / Robo-Hunter one-off would have made perfect sense for the Christmas issue.
Have to agree.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 October, 2023, 09:06:33 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 October, 2023, 08:17:07 AMInteresting that all the regular stories seem to be running through the end of year special.

Someone recently mentioned that the Dredd / Robo-Hunter one-off would have made perfect sense for the Christmas issue.
Have to agree.

I wonder if there was a consious decision to have something to appeal to any nostaglia buyers who'd bought the Battle Action issue to give them something to draw them to the next Prog to get them there and hooked on the stories that were starting.

The stories starting in the weeks Prog (2351) and are little less appealing or easy starts for returners?

Could be a smart move... or something entirely different?!?

IndigoPrime

Yeah. Having Garth Ennis's name attached to a jumping-on Prog is never going to be a bad idea. Well, unless he decides to do a sequel to the angry teddy bear story or something.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 03 October, 2023, 09:36:13 AMYeah. Having Garth Ennis's name attached to a jumping-on Prog is never going to be a bad idea.

Yeah, could've been the case alright.
No harm having his name attached to the higher ticket festive Prog either, mind you.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 October, 2023, 09:06:33 AM

Have to agree.

Prog 2350 hit the shelves the same week as the trade reprinting the Eagle comics colour version of Verdus.

Tharg knew exactly what he was doing there.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

broodblik

The xmas prog https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/PRG2362P/2000-ad-prog-2362-christmas-2023

The Galaxy's Greatest Comic marks the end of another year with the traditional festive blowout – pre-order the 100-page mega-special featuring brand-new stories!

Feral & Foe, Helium, Enemy Earth and The Devil's Railroad all continue, but they're joined by a heavenly host of one-off stories: Judge Dredd tale by Ken Niemand & Tom Foster, Azimuth by Dan Abnett & Tazio Bettin, Rogue Trooper by Geoffrey D. Wessel & Simon Coleby, Fiends of the Eastern Front by Ian Edginton & Tiernen Trevallion, Anderson, Psi-Div by Torunn Gronbekk & Kieran McKeown, and Strontium Dog by Rufus Hound & Dan Cornwell.

On sale 13 December, Prog 2362 isn't a Christmas stocking-stuffer – it's a Yuletide mind-expander!

Contents:

Judge Dredd: A Matter of Life & Dredd by Ken Niemand & Tom Foster

Azimuth: Snow Zone by Dan Abnett & Tazio Bettin

Anderson, Psi-Division: The Game Within by Torunn Gronbekk & Kieran McKeown

Rogue Trooper: Runaway by Geoffrey D. Wessel & Simon Coleby

Fiends of the Eastern Front: Silent Knight by Ian Edginton & Tiernen Trevallion

Strontium Dog: Alpha by Rufus Hound & Dan Cornwell

Helium: Scorched Earth (part 11) by Edginton & D'Israeli

The Devil's Railroad (part 10) by Milligan & Dayglo

Feral & Foe: Bad Godesberg (part 11) by Abnett & Elson

Enemy Earth Book III (part 3) by Scott & Horsman

Colin YNWA

Wow how much fun is that cover!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 15 November, 2023, 07:44:37 AMStrontium Dog: Alpha by Rufus Hound & Dan Cornwell

That's interesting... I know Hound is a fan (and he obviously turned up in the audio Future Shocks back in 2020) but I'm genuinely curious to see what he delivers as a droid. The Cornwell unit has rendered Alpha fairly briefly in last year's zombie apocalypse specials, so I'm looking forward to seeing him have a go here.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.