Main Menu

THE PROG 534 CLUB

Started by Oddboy, 30 April, 2002, 06:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Hello & welcome to The Prog 534 Club!
This is a club designed for people who are bitter & twisted about not qualifying to join the issue-one-with-a-spinner-club.  I myself hadn't even been conceived when the likes of Wake were losing their Space Spinners!
We've had to put up with a lot from these people over the years... all those input letters that start "I've been reading 2000AD from Prog One, but have never felt the urge to write in before".

So this club is open anyone who's got Prog 534 but doesn't have Prog 1 - just sign up below & we'll show them who's cool cooler coolest!

OBG, The Prog 534 Club founder.
Better set your phaser to stun.

stodge

i'm up for a bit of that action.  they do go on about it a little bit don't they!!   started from prog 300'ish and then left during Oz.  i've recently returned so i think we should have a sub group for "long lost children" well...ignore the children bit because were all grown up now honest!!

anyway, enough rambling.  i would love to be in the prog 534 club and i think i'll go home and frame my copy now......

Oddboy

Sterling suggestion!
Gold class membership will be granted to those who stopped reading at some point after 534 but have returned to the fold.
I myself wandered off sometime round '94-'95 but came back with 1051.

I urge you all to check out THE PROG in the 'Magazines' section of this website.

Wake

I might be risking my membership of the Prog 1 club here, but I have to admit that I didn't start reading until Prog 16 and only bought a copy of Prog 1 with a Space Spinner in recent years (I can't remember when I first got a copy of Prog 1, but it certainly isn't the one I have now).

sigu

I started around 100, but only have progs from about 200 onwards. Stopped as a regular reader about 600 came back with Prog 2000.

Is it real gold?

Oddboy

Wake - I apologise if I have caused any offence, but I'm afraid that owning Prog 1 automatically disqualifies you from Membership of The Prog 534 Club, even if you got it as a back issue rather than at the time.  You just don't quite have the same bitterness & jealousy if you've got every prog.

Sigu - It's more a kind of yellow.

paulvonscott

I'll join.  I left about 800 (but I was sick by about 700) and came back recently.  I picked up a prog 1 ages ago, when you could still get them for a fiver, though I don't have that many old progs.  I don't have no damn fool frisbee though.

Whoever suggetsed they give one away with the birthday prog was a better man than Tharg :)

Wake

I wasn't applying for membership. I took my sabatical from 2000AD between progs 450ish and prog 800, so I didn't read prog 534 when it came out anyway.

Cheers,

Wake

jock

Well, in a twist of  fate prog 534 was the  first ever issue allowed into my circuits...so I better sign up (just don't tell the mighty one)

Best get back to my cubicle, there's a dredd cover in need of finishing...........

paulvonscott

So, as I own issue one without a frisbee I can't join the league of Prog 1'ers and as I do have a prog 1, I can't join the 534 Club?

Oh the alienation

Oddboy

There's only one thing for it - throw out your Prog 1 NOW!!

stodge

So what do i get for my gold membership then?  apart form a yellow card which i assume is now in the post......

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=prog&page=cover&choice=534" target="_blank">Prog 534 Cover

paulvonscott

no, it's okay, I'm off to be alone...

Cheers :)

Paul

Link: Cthulhu Wants You!

Oddboy

At the moment I can't send out The Prog 534 Club Starter Pack because I don't have any addresses to send stuff to.  The "yellow cards" are just waiting to be sent off (okay, so they're post-it notes).
There'll be club secrets & other stuff that I'll make up later as & when it's needed.
E-mail addresses would be better cause it saves on postage (then you'll get a picture of your post-it note).

stodge

How sad am i????

can you tell i'm bored at work or what......

i'm going now.

bye...http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/sleeve/images/prog534Club.jpg">