Main Menu

New look for 2000AD review

Started by gavhanly, 16 August, 2009, 07:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gavhanly

As it says, a new look to the "other" site is now up and running.  Still a few things to iron out - but seems to be working more or less OK...

Let me know what you think!

http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/

Pete Wells

Oh yeah Gav, I like it! The new logo is particularly nice.

I'm definately going to try to be more active and less of a lurker on your forum too...

LGDROID

I agree, that's a huge improvement Gavin. Looks alot more modern and that logo is spot on. Glad the site's sticking around.
Leigh

Buddy

Looks good but.... shouldn't you update the logo to match the current logo on the prog?

Just a thought.

Good site.

House of Usher

What's the latest on what's happening with 2000ad Reviews, Gavin? I thought you were mothballing it!
STRIKE !!!

gavhanly

We're carrying on now - just needed to balance the workload on the site (the redesign will help that in the long run).

As for the logo - I don't want it exactly like the one on the comic, wanted to have some differentiation so that it could be identified as a different site from the official one.  The logo was designed by the mighty Mike Carroll - who I think did a fab job.

radiator

Kerrin

TordelBack

That's only brilliant, lads.  Perhaps slightly depressingly it's streets ahead of the official site.  You know, the one owned by a video games company.

Buddy

Quote from: gavhanly on 16 August, 2009, 09:53:27 PM
We're carrying on now - just needed to balance the workload on the site (the redesign will help that in the long run).

As for the logo - I don't want it exactly like the one on the comic, wanted to have some differentiation so that it could be identified as a different site from the official one.  The logo was designed by the mighty Mike Carroll - who I think did a fab job.

That was mearly an observation and certainly not a criticism, it's a great site.. and yeah, that logo has Carroll written all over it!

Nice.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 16 August, 2009, 11:08:36 PM
That's only brilliant, lads.

Indeed it is. Very happy to see the site given a new lease of life.

QuotePerhaps slightly depressingly it's streets ahead of the official site.  You know, the one owned by a video games company.

Too bloody true!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Looking good. Must spend more time there. Whenever I devel in its always a good read.

Van Dom

Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ThryllSeekyr

Oh, But I can Only access it from here. It does look neat, but What I'm interested in is the door thing that appaers now when I link to this site.

Whats with that?

Symbolism.

Mike Gloady

It's always been a great site and the new look and Mike Carrol's loverly logoage are all good but - YOU'RE NOT MOTHBALLING IT?!?!?

I'm very pleased to hear it.  Well done again, fine work all round - which is just what I'd expect from 2000ad review.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever