Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Wow that's a cracker BB
I would love a piece of Dante art but I bet it didn't come cheap?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Thats a WOW. Absolutely wonderful page.

One day I will own a John Burns Dante page...one day...

Barrington Boots

Cheers both!

McFad, It was not the cheapest - I used a combination of some lockdown saving and selling off some gaming bits and bobs, plus a contribution in lieu of birthday presents, and of course my wifes approval. That's me done with buying any more art for a looong time!*

*maybe
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Dante is my favourite "new" character from the tooth stable and I've been wanting a piece or even a comic con sketch but money and everything else has eluded me.

I do have plans to do a figure if I can find the right kit to convert.

Enjoy your page 👍🏻

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 27 September, 2021, 03:27:21 PM
I have now this bit of John Burns Dante hanging on my wall:

Lovely page Barrington.

Barrington Boots

Not strictly original art but I wanted to share this sketch I got over Christmas of Atalia Jaegir by the very talented Lee Carter, from his recent Kickstarter.
Non-Coleby Jaegirs I've found tend towards being a bit pretty and I always thought Lee would be good at portraying her. I'm super pleased with how characterful she looks here.

Please excuse the crappy picture quality, the orignal is much, much nicer.

Link Prime

Eamonn Clarke

From Rok the God #2 and bought from Dan Cornwell at Lawless. A3 sized and Dan says it took him hours to do the Kirby inspired tech.
Cost £70

Colin YNWA

Oh Eamonn that is an absolute beauty. Love it.

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 June, 2022, 06:33:04 PM
Oh Eamonn that is an absolute beauty. Love it.
Yeah, I really wasn't going to buy anything but I saw the page and kept going back to his table to look at it again. And then I made the fatal mistake of asking Dan if he had a card machine (I was short of cash), he said yes and the next thing I knew I had paid for it with my wrist watch.  "They let me pay with my wrist watch, Marge!"

broodblik

Now you have learned a valuable lesson in life never bring a credit card to a convention where you are tempted by awesome original art.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

I looked at his pages as well and was well tempted but I was spreading my spending cash around the room 😂😂

Barrington Boots

That's a stunner Eamonn. £70 is an absolute bargain as well especially given the work involved. Looks brilliant in b&w as well. Taking the time to chat to the artist about an individual page often gives me so much more insight into, and respect for, the work that'd been done especially on details that the eye can slide over a little when reading and eager to get into the action.

I didn't dare look at Dan's artwork as I'd bought a page with cash from Dave Roach, and knew if I decided to start using card readers I'd be getting one from Dan and one from Boo and then a Thistlebone page too... "Luckily" my wife was there keeping an eye on me.

Barrington Boots

I finally got this up on the wall today - apologies for the slightly ropey pic with the reflection.

I was inspired to buy this page at Lawless after chatting to Dave Roach about what he really liked about. He was very pleased with the bottom right image of Anderson, but what he really liked was the smoke in the top panel: sounds like it was a lot of effort to make it look good and it gave me a new appreciation for the page - something i obviously had in mind when I last commented on this post, above! In B&W it looks so much better than in the Prog (this went double for the Saphire pages he brought along)
Anyway, Dave is a lovely guy and a stunning artist, and I'm delighted to have this up in my office!

Colin YNWA