Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

There you go 

http://www.2000ad.org/artwork/

I'd e-mail direct (wake@2000ad,org) to organise as some of the features don't work. As I said to someone else who asked today could you keep away from the Zombo cover. I keep faffing and never get around to buying it... or those Shakara pages... or...

his prices are very, very good.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 January, 2021, 05:34:14 PM
Very nice pages Colin. I do like Dante. Can I ask do/are you able to display these? As much as I'd love to purchase 1 or 2 pages I couldn't justify to the good lady spending a wedge on pages to leave them in a folder. 🙁
I'm waiting on ma boy to move out and then I can change his smelly pit into a Thrag cave but the way things are I'll be moving out before him 😂😂

I don't alas. I have a few up in my nerd cave but most are stored. Which I find helps my appreciation. When you pull them out from time to time I can spend time pouring over them. The only thing is sometimes you wish they were more available for others to enjoy - hence comic art fans page I guess - but such is the woe of an original art collector!

Barrington Boots

I've got a small amount of pages and have them up on display (out of direct sunlight of course!) but it's kind of limited me to not buying any more because I don't have enough space, which I suppose is both good and bad. I do love having them up though. You'd be suprised how many people just assume I've stuck up a page I cut out of out of a comic.

"Don't buy that because I don't want our house turning into a 2000ad art gallery and anyway, where would you put it?" said my wife as I hovered over Steve Austin Dredd pages on ebay.

...I bought it anyway
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rogue Judge

I figured with the final round of the Favorite Artist competition going on, now would be a good time to post my most recent art acquisition. If you are unsure which way to vote, maybe this will help!

pic uploader

This piece is an absolute grail for me. I've been chasing a Carlos commission for a couple of years and didn't hesitate when I had the chance to pick this up. It will be framed on my wall soon!

Very grateful to add this Carlos piece to the collection - not only was his prog art incredible, his commissions were top notch!

Rogue Judge

Forgive the poor photo quality, this is 11x17 on white comic board paper. Any discoloring is just lighting.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

Yep its a beaut - was it a commission?

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Rogue Judge

Thanks all for the feedback!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 February, 2021, 08:55:00 AM
Yep its a beaut - was it a commission?

Colin, this was a commission. I came across it on CAF and the owner was willing to part with it (I don't know why, but I'm glad he did!). It does look kind of familiar though, can anyone tell me if this was included in Ezquerra's coloring book??

Colin YNWA

Jez - lockdown is turning me into an original art junkie. Not, one, not 2 but 4 new pages from Dan Cornwell. Two from Rok so they'll go elsewhere, but damn if he keeps putting his glorious art under my nose I'll just keep buying it I know!

First up a fantastic page (one of two) from the recent Max Normal series no one knew they wanted nor needed until it arrived. A series I just loved and didn't get a page from until...

Again from my Comicartfans pages cos I'm lazy...

"Last time I snapped up some Dan Cornwell pages I did get one from Max Normal, well I've made up for it this time. Just look at the 'acting' on this one - just so expressive and brilliant. Vito's (the chimp) range as he tells a tale of rage and breaks into hilarity and Max's softer, but no less revealing reaction.

Just brilliant. If you've not become familar with Dan Cornwell's art yet do yourself a favour and do so. He's surely destined for great things."

more soon...

Rogue Judge

Great page Colin! Max Normal in every panel. With art like this I'd be fine if the prog were printed in B&W.

Colin YNWA

Well what makes a Max Normal page better than Max Normal in ever panel. Why an uplift chimp kicking a fattie in the nads of course. Everything is made better by having an uplift  chimp kicking a fattie in the nads I imagine.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 March, 2021, 07:30:54 AM
Well what makes a Max Normal page better than Max Normal in ever panel. Why an uplift chimp kicking a fattie in the nads of course. Everything is made better by having an uplift  chimp kicking a fattie in the nads I imagine.

Another couple of cracking pages Colin. I'll be attempting to do a Max Normal figure as I continue my lockdown projects
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 12 March, 2021, 08:10:21 AM
I'll be attempting to do a Max Normal figure as I continue my lockdown projects

Given the other things you've produced very much looking forward to seeing that.