Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 March, 2021, 08:16:18 AM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 12 March, 2021, 08:10:21 AM
I'll be attempting to do a Max Normal figure as I continue my lockdown projects

Given the other things you've produced very much looking forward to seeing that.

There's a couple more almost complete so watch out over the next few weeks 👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Out of interest does anyone know if somethings happened to the 2000ad Original Art Facebook page? (and 2000ad Tat and Chat group?) both have disappeared from my list of Groups and I'm not sure if they've closed or I've been kicked - not sure why I would be - kicked that is - but who knows maybe I've offended the Facebook folks somehow. I know my political views are the polar opposite from the person who started the groups.

Not much I can do either way just curious.

Dr Feeley Good

I've just been on them and they were both working OK...

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 April, 2021, 09:08:02 PM
Out of interest does anyone know if somethings happened to the 2000ad Original Art Facebook page? (and 2000ad Tat and Chat group?) ...

Same here, not a problem.  Dale has apparently just returned after having been given a short ban for some indiscretion.  Maybe you've selected some link to cut them off?

Colin YNWA

Not sure - can't seem to find them in my Groups list and when I do a search neither appear. My working assumption is I've been kicked for some reason or other. For the life of me not sure why. Not much point worrying about it as nowt I can do - just really curious as to why. Oh well?!?

Tjm86

In all honesty I'm not sure it's a major loss.  Not much happens of interest.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tjm86 on 14 April, 2021, 06:40:49 PM
In all honesty I'm not sure it's a major loss.  Not much happens of interest.

Well there was some good stuff there and there was a page or two I was thinking of purchasing - though one at least I know where to go direct for. It was actually going to look for that page that made me realise I wasn't able to see the group any more - i hadn't noticed before that.

Eamonn Clarke

The cover for prog 1977.
As you can see Carlos got the perspective on the dome of St Paul's wrong the first time so there is a pasted over patch where he redid it. There's a bit of his handwriting at the top right corner about Dredd and a hooded man which probably refers to the join that runs from Dredd down to the bystander bottom right.

Colin YNWA

Oh that is simply incredible - wonderful stuff. Loved the 'original' of this one and this new 'mix' is as much fun as that.

Eamonn Clarke

And having just had Mike Collins on the podcast I had to buy one of his Daily Dredds.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 15 April, 2021, 08:44:08 AM

And having just had Mike Collins on the podcast I had to buy one of his Daily Dredds.

That's fantastic it has everything in 3 small panels you want from Dredd

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 14 April, 2021, 08:36:43 PM

The cover for prog 1977.
As you can see Carlos got the perspective on the dome of St Paul's wrong the first time so there is a pasted over patch where he redid it. There's a bit of his handwriting at the top right corner about Dredd and a hooded man which probably refers to the join that runs from Dredd down to the bystander bottom right.

Absolutely amazing! Congratulations - a Carlos cover with all those key 2000AD characters, fantastic!

Eamonn Clarke

My spending spree ends (honest) with this Carlos stunner from Mark.

Rogue Judge

Congrats Eamonn, what a beautiful splash page! From Max Bubba too - I love me some viking Wulf!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 19 April, 2021, 07:59:56 PM

My spending spree ends (honest) with this Carlos stunner from Mark.
Great page