Main Menu

Would you buy 2000AD if...

Started by paulvonscott, 11 November, 2002, 07:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

If 2000AD was a new comic, you owned no back issues or knew the characters, would you honestly buy it today if someone placed an issue in your hand and said, there you go?

Personally, I don't think I would do even after reading say a random ten issues, I only buy it if I'm honest because of past quality and future promise.  I think that would go from the early nineties on.

Anyway, interested in what other people fink.

paulvonscott

As this is a repeated post, perhaps it could be recycled into someting that isn't moany and whinging to counteract my other post.  Maybe cute animal stories, or inspirational acts of self sacrifice.  Just an idea.

Oddboy

Would that be 'cute stories about animals' or 'stories about cute animals'?

Or a mixture of either?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Jared Katooie

paulvonscott

An interesting pount Oddboy, I guess I hadn't thought it through.

Help us Rolf Harris, you are our only hope...

Bolt-01

My eleven year old is just beginning to get interested (He likes Dredd, but he doesn't 'get' sinister dexter.)

I agree that there isn't a 'hook' strip at the moment, but you never know with the chrimbo prog on the way.

chimp

I'd think about it for a bit, but then not bother. I totally agree about past glories/future hopes. Sorry to be doom and gloom too, how about I rely on the usualy ' but Wagner's still great' line?