Main Menu

Rogue query

Started by Jayzus B. Christ, 12 November, 2002, 04:34:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayzus B. Christ

I re-read a recent prog recently, where Rogue is attacked by Nort dust devils. He collapses and one of his hearts fails due to gas getting through his mask. He then tells the bio-chips that gas got through his mask, and the caption says that he is lying to them. What was he lying about? I'm not being a pedant, I genuinely think I have missed something here.

Tu-plang

I don't think Rogue needs a mask?

He normally survives without one, so I spose he was buying time..

paulvonscott

That was his illness taking effect, I think.

Jayzus B. Christ

I don't think he was just buying time. The reason he had the mask was so that he didn't have to breathe the dust from dead bodies, so I'm not even sure why he collapsed like he did. But he didn't at all seem to be faking the heart attack.

Jayzus B. Christ

Ahaaa. I think you're right. His illness had been already mentioned in the series, hadn't it?
Nice one, I never even thought of that.

Oddboy

Is this New-Old-Nu-Rogue?  (Gordon's version?)
Better set your phaser to stun.

Jayzus B. Christ

Yep. It's only about a month ago, in fact.

Tommo

Rogue's genetic DNA structure thingy is falling to bits because Millicom didn't think he'd need to have such a long and active working life.

Bolt-01

I would imagine that this "illness" will creep along slowly for a few stories and then the Norts will find out about it and work out how to trigger it off. It will probably then end with rogue getting patched up by the Milli-com bloke from the Dylan Teague illustrated story where the disease was mentioned. This will leave Rogue back in his state of grace.

I am not even going to mention Strontium dog and new "old" stories. Other threads have far more to say on that, but if Rennie can tell a story with some good exploration of Rogue then that is great.

Dave6795