Main Menu

ABC Warriors Black Hole Query

Started by Jayzus B. Christ, 13 November, 2002, 04:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayzus B. Christ

Does it really say 'F-ck' on Joe's gun? I remember 'F.O.A.D.' written on said gun, but not the  full, uncensored demonic f-word from the seventh pit of hell in all its stark evil.

Oddboy

Are you reading from the new Titan book?
I recall someone saying that Tharg edited Bisley's work so that it was publishable in a kids comic, but that Titan used the original version for their compilation.

I expect Jamie could probably confirm this..
Better set your phaser to stun.

Marbles

Gaz over at 26pigs.com amazed me with this news today -I know it pales in comparison to 2K #1, but that's still a bonkers price for an old comic.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Jayzus B. Christ

I only read the original series in the comic. I think you might be right, though.

JamieB

We ran with the original film, so yeah, Joe's gun might be sweary...

*J*

Mk13

It was in the original Titan Black Hole book, so I presume it still is.

Dounreay

It probably says FCUK. Every other fcuking thing in the country seems to at the moment.

Bolt-01

It say the "F" word in all its glory back in the original Titan ABC warriors book four (third from last ep. Joe kneeling as he shoots)

I can't believe I have had that for all these years and never noticed!!

Dave6795

JTurner

I was surprised to see 'Fuck' in all it's dubious glory in such an old strip. Though with Bisley on the case...

By the way, anyone else agree that the B/W art is far better than his painted work?

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

Bolt-01

Shame, really. I wonder if Biz finds it quicker to paint as opposed to ink? His painting IS superb, but the look was copied by so many.

Funny thing about this is that at the time i absolutely hated the SMS episodes, but now they look superb and really stand up.

Comparing this to the last ABC strip, I think Mek-quake should get called up for Liam Sharpe. His scribble really was awful (and it was the most shameful steal of Jesse Custer I have seen), mind you Mike McMahon can still cut it with the best.

Jayzus B. Christ

'By the way, anyone else agree that the B/W art is far better than his painted work?'
No. His painted work in Sl?ine was, as far as I'm concerned, the best artwork ever to feature in 2000ad, still far outstripping his copyists. (Shame about his later work on Heavy Metal Dredd, mind you).
That said, his b/w work was bleeding amazing too.

Anyway. I have a strange fascination with seeing just how explicit that 'F--k' really is (if you catch my drift). I went to my local Forbidden Planet to find the graphic novel, but its stocks were seriously depleted due to the Liffey flooding last week, no less. Can anyone scan it in? Cheers