Main Menu

do we need a good epic or what

Started by djok, 15 November, 2002, 12:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djok

whats up with dredd these days are we in for a epic soon enough i think the comic needs it.
i would like to say also that i did not class helter skelter as an epic it was way to short
and it left a lot of things up in the air

Shakara

Don't forget that Sin City acted like one even though it was only an eleven parter. But definetly, we need more than something like Helter Skelter or the aforementioned Sin city. WE NEED EPICS. What do you say, fellow squaxx?!

SHAKARA!

Bolt-01

I agree with you that an epic is well-overdue, but I only want to read one if Wagner has one to tell. The nero narcos stuff the other year was only so so. I much prefer to read a solid tale like Sin city or the Pit.

Mind you, with Mr Bones from 1316 and the GI Judges, I feel that something may be brewing.

Dave6795

paulvonscott

I need one reaaallll bad.  Actually all I want is something a bit meaty from Dredd.  City doesn't have to blow up or anything.  We get a lot of teaser strips and it's mighty frustratin'.

DavidXBrunt

At 80 odd pages Dredd vs Aliens will be another mini-epic.

W. R. Logan

For all you people wanting to leave the 534 club you can bid for the first issues of 2000AD at the Comic Book Postal Auctions web site:

2000 AD 1 (1977) with free gift Space Spinner. Bright colours, clean white pages. Rare in this grade [nm]
?120-150

2000 AD 2 with free gift Biotronic Stickers. Bright colours, clean white pages. Rare in this grade [nm]
?120-150

2000 AD 3 with free gift Red Alert Survival Wallet. Bright colours, clean white pages [nm]
?70-100

2000 AD 4. Bright colours, clean white pages [nm]
?20-30

2000 AD 11-13, 23, 31, 36, including Mekon, Tharg front covers. Bright colours, clean white pages [nm] (6)
?50-70

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.compalcomics.com" target="_blank">Comic Book Postal Auctions

http://www.compalcomics.com/images/cpbaltop.gif">

Devons Daddy

we need an epic yes, but a real one, not some big body count dross. we need  a cursed earth.a judge child or THE PIT, sort of epic. something thats keeps you begging for more each week, then you want to read again in years to come.
but yes it time for this to take place.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

HiEx

Yep, I want a Dredd epic, the longer the better. It should be at least 20 episodes long, preferably longer.

I also agree, that it should stay away from the high body count, 'let's destroy MC-1 again' type of story.

I'm in agreement, something similar to The Pit, i.e. more character driven would be great, or a 'Dredd goes on a space quest epic' also sounds good.

HiEx

Oddboy

At 80 odd pages Dredd vs Aliens will be another mini-epic.

But it'll be a whopping 160 pages once they put the even pages in as well!
Better set your phaser to stun.

almighty mat

Boom-tish.

Oddboy, it's still too early for puns like that-have a heart!

mat

Oddboy

Sorry.
I'd get my coat but I've only just taken it off.
Better set your phaser to stun.