Main Menu

My AMAZING Karl Richardson Commission!

Started by Pete Wells, 23 June, 2011, 11:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Check it out folks, my absolutely brilliant commission from the fantastic Karl R. I've been DYING to show you all this. No Pete Wells Block this time!

I'll post sketches etc. later on plus a link to the Hi Rez version, enjoy!

judda fett

Very nice. You must be running out of wall space at the Wells block to hang all these.

strontium71

THAT. Is what you call a commission ! Absolutely a top notch picture - well worth the wait! These willies are having a lot of waving eh , Pete  ;)
...because I hate you.

bluemeanie

Totally stunning.

Please take this in the loving, respectful way its intended..... you are a bastard!   :P

Mardroid

That's excellent! A different take on the lawgiver too. (Strangely, when I first looked at it, my eyes didn't take in the curvy 'ammo selection' bit at the top. It blended in with the background.)

Such a dynamic picture.

And weirdly, to me they look like brothers. Probably just the chins but it's almost like there's some subliminal message going on in that picture. Two sides of the same coin or something...

Or I'm over-thinking it. Trust me getting all artsy-fartsy.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

That's amazing, I'm loving the guy in the window of your funurul parler.

strontium71

Yeah , the fact he has a Dredd coffin ready just goes to show he's a little too optimistic!
...because I hate you.

Cpt Rhodes

COMMANDO FORCES

If that's you in the window Pete, then I'm shocked!

Must add along with everyone else how amazing this is  :thumbsup:

Fatboydale

DrJomster

No Pete Wells Block, but a Pete Wells Funeral Parlour, nonetheless!

Cracking picture! Thanks for sharing!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

O Lucky Stevie!

Blimey, that's most rabid, visceral depiction of Mean this side of John Hincklenton. Top notch stuff!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Pete Wells

Okay fellas, here's the preparatory images and stuff:

I'm a huge fan of Karl's work but thought he worked completely digitally. In an email conversation regarding a cover he mentioned he still inked by hand then coloured in the computer so I HAD to ask for a commission. He got the usual brief 'brief' "Dredd vs the villain of your choice somewhere in Pete Wells Block."

Karl opted for Mean and asked if he could do it in the Cursed Earth, as he had an idea that he didn't want to share...

Soon after I got this bloody exciting rough...

Suitably blown away (and tickled by the Funurel Parler) I gave the go ahead and over the weeks received little updates like this 'Mean in progress'...

The image continued to take shape, Karl chipping away (what seem very slowly) over time - it wasn't at all slowly, I was just excited! The last update I got was the one below and Karl gave me the option to either see a scan of the finished artwork when it was done or see it 'in the flesh' when it arrived. I went for the latter and have to say I'm glad I did, I got a REAL thrill from opening the package and seeing the image in all it's glory!

Here's a higher res image than the one in the first post, 'tis beautiful:

Thanks to Karl for making my week!

Large48

No Pete Wells Block  :o not good

Pete all weels that ends Wells Dead Joint  :D excellent
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]