Main Menu

Dreddful dreams

Started by exilewood, 18 June, 2011, 02:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exilewood

So...I awoke in the early hours yesterday in a cold sweat. "Why?" I hear you say. Well...I had what could only be truly described as a nightmare - I dreamed I was back in the village of my youth being stalked by Judge Death. He wasn't fast, but the fucker was there at every turn - it was bloody terrifying!

I had to get up & have a smoke to calm down.

I don't remember ever having a 2000AD related dream before; even at the height of my young obsession. I may regret this...but how about you?

Tell me about it - it pays to be mental!

Hoagy

Yeah, I had a dream about the stuff in the water, and Dredd revealed what was under his helmet. He was painted white with black circles on his cheeks. He had black curly hair. He was hanging by his wrists in the water cisterns below the mega-city. He was completely riddled with block mania.

It began like a spin off of the search for the source of the Block Mania, but the dream supposed an alternative ending.

He'd drank some beer from some underworlders who'd gained his trust. He'd said something like, " Alcohol is illegal, but without it I'll die of thirst with all the water contaminated..."

Of course these guys were in league with Orlok and had just spiked the beer with the same stuff in the water supply. He came to, with the clown make-up on and a manic laugh.

My part in the dream was a fly on the wall, who watched these scenarios play out, like a reader does with the prog.

I awoke leaving my version of Dredd hanging quite insane in the cistern. Months later, Stallone's film came out.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

exilewood

You know - when I read your Wolf smackdown, I thought you were maybe the sanest cat on the planet, but now I wonder!

Only kidding - this is great! 2000AD dreams! We all must've had them - keep 'em coming.

strontium_dog_90

I've had a couple of dreams about Dante before - not the kind of ones about him it might be interesting to have, but ones where he's fighting people and stuff. Not quite sure what any of that might mean, mind . . .

Emp

So Dante with sword and rifle fighting.....bit phallic maybe :D

strontium_dog_90

Quite possibly . . .have to keep an eye out for Wulf entering them now  :)

Emp

Hmm....  and der happy stick takes on all new meaning :D

Greg M.

I... er... once had a dream that I met Commando Forces on a train (we've never met) and that he revealed he had top-secret training that allowed him to assess anyone's psyche by analysing their sandwich.

I put it down to spending too much time on here...

Emp

And what exactley was in your "sandwich"?

Greg M.

Turkey, Emp. It was a turkey sandwich. Made with a Mother's Pride loaf. I've forgotten exactly what dream-CF's analysis of it was, but I recall he used the way I'd cut the bread to deduce I was a decent bloke. I now want to know if he can do this in real life.

Emp

With or without crusts....its the details that matter!

Greg M.

Obviously with the crusts. What do you think I am, some kind of lilly-livered, wishy-washy, namby-pamby crust-remover?  :)

Emp

I had thought little triangles with a watercress topping...

Greg M.

Them's fightin' words, son!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.