Main Menu

Brit-Cit

Started by credo, 24 June, 2011, 10:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

While trawling through the Case Files I've been wondering if/when the introduction of Brit-Cit will occur.  I've gone through 2-8 and I don't think there's been anything yet (unless I've missed it).

So, as a question for the hive-mind, can I ask what we the readers know about Brit-Cit, and from where.  I know there's Armitage, Steel and the shoddy Mark Millar tea drinker from Crusade, but what else?

Greg M.

Could be wrong, but I think the first time we see Brit-Cit judges is in 'Atlantis', the sub-aquatic colony co-managed with MC-1. Brilliant Brendan McCarthy art.

TordelBack

Quote from: Greg M. on 24 June, 2011, 10:31:15 AM
Could be wrong, but I think the first time we see Brit-Cit judges is in 'Atlantis', the sub-aquatic colony co-managed with MC-1. Brilliant Brendan McCarthy art.

That's the one - late 480's, so probably Casefiles 10?  Although I do have the vaguest recollection of seeing an earlier far more pedestrian version of the Judge uniform (Union Jack respirator) - possibly in something associated with the JD RPG, which would have been out a year-or-so earlier than 'Atlantis'.  That suggests that some reference to Brit-Cit may have existed previously, even if the McCarthy masterpiece was the first proper appearance.

Greg M.

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 June, 2011, 11:01:03 AM
That's the one - late 480's, so probably Casefiles 10? 

Confirmed... progs 485-488, reprinted in Casefiles 10. That's some memory, TB! I think the first time Dredd himself actually arrives in Brit-Cit itself is as late as 'Doomsday' (although by this point, it has appeared in the Megazine in 'Armitage' quite frequently.) And at a guess... I think the first actual British person we ever meet might be one of the competitors in the Luna-Olympics (I think it's the guy who ends up face-planting from a great height and getting killed.)

credo

Ta much! Will look forward to Case Files 10 once I get there (having a brief Dredd gap to get through Leviathan, Bad Company and Lord of Misrule).

Always thought there was a lot of mileage in looking at Brit-Cit, but none of the existing characters have ever really done it for me.  I'd love a good look at the British judiciary in a 'bobbies on the beat' style.

vzzbux

Didn't Ron Smith draw a few in some of the Daily Star strips?

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

nicklarr

Do you mean this one? If I'm not mistaken this is the first time the Brit-Cit judges are shown, before Atlantis

TordelBack

The very one!  Well done Nicklarr!

vzzbux

thats theone thankyou.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.