Main Menu

[spine chat] What does Nikolia Dante: Too Cool to Kill's spine look like?

Started by The Adventurer, 24 September, 2011, 09:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

I'm looking to replace my fuggly DC copy of Nikolia Dante: The Romanov Dynasty with the S&S Too Cool to Kill. Part of this... compulsion is a desired for book spines that are more similar to Nikolia Dante Vol. 3 - 10.

I know.

Anyway. Can any one confirm how much like the Rebellion spines the S&S Dante spine is?  I know some S&S books look just like Rebellions, and others... don't. Comparison images would be appreciated.

I'm still probably going to get it regardless, since the DC release had such shitty paper stock.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Grant Goggans

It's not even remotely like the rest of the line.  I'm just a degree or two less of a stickler for these things than you, and I put it back on the shelf.  Missed opportunity!

The Adventurer

ARRRRRGLBLARGLE!

Like I said though. I'll probably still pick it up for the better paper and matte cover. But. ARG.

Dark Jimbo

Et voila -

Though, obviously, the front and back are the wrong way round. I did post this before, with a review, but since the forum's search function is still down I can't find the thread that we had.

It's a lovely edition, on the whole, and vastly superior to the DC one, but looks awful on the shelf - it's the only white-spine Rebellion trade I have and sticks out like a sore thumb.
@jamesfeistdraws

James Stacey

O Lucky Stevie!

It's a beauty isn't it?

([spoiler]types he who can't resist the headshots on the S&S editions of the Casefiles.[/spoiler][spoiler] & Dredd isn't even Stevie's favourite character in the Meg let alone the Prog[/spoiler])
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Adventurer

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 26 September, 2011, 11:02:59 AM
Et voila -

Though, obviously, the front and back are the wrong way round. I did post this before, with a review, but since the forum's search function is still down I can't find the thread that we had.

It's a lovely edition, on the whole, and vastly superior to the DC one, but looks awful on the shelf - it's the only white-spine Rebellion trade I have and sticks out like a sore thumb.

Oh my, that does look slick. Well I suppose I could just replace all 10 volumes with the S&S as they come out.....

The fact that it is bold and white is less of a concern of mine, since very recently I've decided to full alphabetize my graphic novels, instead of grouping them by book shape (like I used to do). Its worked out pretty well IMO. And makes the varieties of spines less... annoying. Because now everything doesn't match!
Also, lets face it, the Nikolia Dante trades haven't matched for this long... what's another decade am I right?

Click for Full Size!

Paperbacks 1

Paperbacks 2 (I've recently added Nikolia Dante Vol.9 and 10, which are not show)

Paperbacks 3

[/blatant showing off]