Main Menu

Freebies and/or bargains

Started by bluemeanie, 19 April, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

It's April which means it's Zombie season apparently.

Free on PS4 this month are Days Gone and Zombie Army 4: Dead War.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 March, 2021, 08:30:59 AM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 26 March, 2021, 08:15:11 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 25 March, 2021, 05:58:49 PM
Ohhh I really want to get Talisman for the Switch as I loved the boardgame as a kid. If anyone plays this would love to know if its a good adaption.

It's better than good. It adapts all the fourth (most recent) expansions which - and I know from experience - take up more space than any table can handle, then has even more digital only expansions.

The DLC is regularly on sale at 80% off.

Oh that is good to hear. In Switch land I've got it on my watch list and I've only seen at 20% off (ish can't quite remember) but next time I see it I'll take the plunge anyway as I've been looking forward to playing it again and its great to see an endorsement - which it also seems to get online too.

I have it on PC, so you're talking Steam sale discounts.

One annoying thing is the way it randomises all dice rolls at the start of the game (it creates a table of a million or so numbers at the outset and then reads that). But it is fun. We play digital more than physical.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

CONTROL is free on the Epic store for the next few days.

If you've not played it, do so.
Lock up your spoons!

Link Prime

Assassins Creed Valhalla going real cheap right now, even on PS5.

Anyone play / recommend this?
I don't think I've played an AC game since bailing on III after 10 minutes of wonkyily controlled game-play.

broodblik

Quote from: Link Prime on 18 February, 2022, 12:02:50 PM
Assassins Creed Valhalla going real cheap right now, even on PS5.

Anyone play / recommend this?
I don't think I've played an AC game since bailing on III after 10 minutes of wonkyily controlled game-play.

I enjoyed it but it is more an RPG these days.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

I'm just wrapping up a playthrough of AC Valhalla. It's a laugh but it's far from a landmark game.

If you like huge open world games then it's good fun. If you like vikings it's also good fun. If you want to wander around doing all the side quests etc you can easily sink 200 hours into it although things do get a bit repetitive. There's a lot of RPG-lite elements to it that you wouldn't have seen in earlier games: in fact it's nothing like AC III and there's very little focus on actually assassinating anyone. You can stealth into enemy bases and stuff, but equally you can do the whole game just by charging in and killing everybody in a straight up fight. I've had a lot of fun with it, but definitely a case of ymmv.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Cheers lads, no fear of RPG's here.

For €30 I will give it a shot - need something meaty to tide me over until the new Horizon Zero Dawn game drops below the current €80 price tag!

NapalmKev

For those that own Resident Evil 2, 3 and 7 on PS4 you can now get free PS5 upgrades for all three games.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Enigmatic Dr X

Batman: Arkham Knight and all its DLC is £6 on Steam. Total bargain for a fabulous game.
Lock up your spoons!