Main Menu

Post case files dredd trades

Started by credo, 31 October, 2012, 08:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Can any of the knowledgeable people on this forum furnish me with an ordered list of post case files dredd trades? I'm tired of waiting to get to the good stuff again!

a chosen rider

As I recall, the order goes something like:

Wilderlands
Blind Justice
The Pit
The Hunting Party
Scorpion Dance
Doomsday For Mega-City One
Doomsday For Dredd
Brothers of the Blood
The Chief Judge's Man
Satan's Island
Total War
America
Mandroid
Origins
Tour of Duty - The Backlash
Tour of Duty - Mega-City Justice
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

credo

Smashin'!

Now I just have to find them.

Ta much.

douglaswolk

Here's my sequence (the number for each is the issue of the first otherwise uncollected Dredd story it contains), not including books that ONLY collect spinoffs:

America (Meg 1.01--if you count "America" as a Dredd story, which I prefer to...)
The Batman/Judge Dredd Files OR Collection (starts with Judgement on Gotham)
Heavy Metal Dredd (Meg 1.14)
Mega-City Masters 2 (859)
Inferno (867)
Crusade (868)
When Judges Go Bad (872)
Wilderlands (891)
Death Lives! (901)
Goodnight Kiss (940)
Blind Justice (959)
The Pit (970)
Mega-City Masters 1 (1012)
The Hunting Party (1014)
Devlin Waugh: Swimming in Blood (Meg 3.26)
The Henry Flint Collection (1063)
Predator Vs. Judge Dredd (Meg 3.36)
The Scorpion Dance (1101)
Mega-City Masters 3 (1112)
Judge Death: The Life and Death of... (1114)
Banzai Battalion (1135)
Doomsday for Mega-City One (Meg 3.52)
Doomsday for Dredd (1141)
Brothers of the Blood (1186)
The Art of Kenny Who? (1200)
The Complete P.J. Maybe (1204)
The Chief Judge's Man (1244)
The Carlos Ezquerra Collection (1250)
Lenny Zero and the Perps of Mega-City One (1279)
Satan's Island (1289)
Cry of the Werewolf (1313)
Dredd Vs. Aliens: Incubus (Prog 2003)
Total War (1392)
Mandroid (1453)
Origins (1500)
Tour of Duty: The Backlash (1520)
Tour of Duty: Mega-City Justice (1649)

Frank

Quote from: douglaswolk on 01 November, 2012, 02:39:24 AM
Total War (1392)
Mandroid (1453)
Origins (1500)
Tour of Duty: The Backlash (1520)
Tour of Duty: Mega-City Justice (1649)

Thanks for the list of forthcoming attractions, Wolk. America's a Dredd story in exactly the same way Midnite Surfer's a Dredd story.

radiator

Wouldn't the Kenny Who? Book come just before/after America as it includes Beyond Our Kenny.

credo

OK, so my prog reading ended just after The Pit (a tragedy to get through the Millar/Morrison era then stop there).

Looks like the most important options are The Hunting Party, Doomsday, Brothers of the Blood, Total War, Origins and Tour of Duty.  Is that about right?

Frank

Quote from: credo on 01 November, 2012, 01:15:34 PM
OK, so my prog reading ended just after The Pit (a tragedy to get through the Millar/Morrison era then stop there). Looks like the most important options are The Hunting Party, Doomsday, Brothers of the Blood, Total War, Origins and Tour of Duty.  Is that about right?

That's definitely where you'd want to start, but Scorpion Dance features Beyond the Call of Duty, which continues where The Pit left off and features at least one absolutely essential plot development; Satan's Island is a major story with another major plot development; and Mandroid (at least the first part) isn't the kind of story anyone looking to understand the difference between the Megacity One where Boing! happened and the Megacity One where Day of Chaos happened should miss out on. Top art on all of the above too.

Sorry.

Dandontdare

I'm having trouble remembering what The Hunting Party was all about, but IIRC it's a standalone and I wouldn't consider it to be a particularly important one, as regards continuity or major plot developments.

I'd say Brothers of the Blood is a must though, as it collects most of the Kraken/Rico/Dolman stories

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 November, 2012, 04:52:03 PM
I'm having trouble remembering what The Hunting Party was all about, but IIRC it's a standalone and I wouldn't consider it to be a particularly important one, as regards continuity or major plot developments.

I'd say Brothers of the Blood is a must though, as it collects most of the Kraken/Rico/Dolman stories

The Hunting Party was like The Hotdog Run without the clever central conceit, and like The Cursed Earth without the big finish. It was mostly notable for the ascension of Henry Flint to superstardom.

http://dreddreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/hunting-party.html

radiator

I like The Hunting Party, though it isnt the greatest epic. it's much lighter in tone than its contemporary stories - feels like a throwback to an earlier period of Dredd.

It doesn't really add anything substantial to continuity, though the events of the story are referred to in The Scorpion Dance, and the Fog on the Eerie sequence foreshadows Origins to some extent.

I have a fondness for it, probably because of nostalgia.