General Chat > Film & TV

Current TV Boxset Addiction

<< < (642/652) > >>

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 May, 2022, 01:40:09 PM ---Heard so much dissing of this I avoided it, worth a watch?

--- End quote ---

The first series really, really wasn't. It started out oddly fascinating and pleasingly different, visually, from most mainstream US SF, but the story just meanders around, making progressively less and less sense, until you get to the final episode and just ask yourself "Why the fuck did I sit through all that?"

The Legendary Shark:

--- Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 May, 2022, 01:40:09 PM ---
Heard so much dissing of this I avoided it, worth a watch?

--- End quote ---

Well, I'm enjoying it somewhat but it's not something I'd recommend strongly.

Proudhuff:
Damned by faint ( and not so faint) praise, will continue to avoid.

pictsy:
I've been watching One Piece.

I watched the first three arcs many years ago, but didn't really remember whether I liked any of it or not.  I thought I'd give it another go.  There is a lot to get through, however and I'm not even at the point where I dropped out.  I'm not sure I'll make it to the end because I am getting suspicious that it's horribly over-rated.  I'm thinking I may end up watching more than I did last time, but eventually I'll just get tired of it.

Tiplodocus:
Working our way through SEINFELD on Netflix still. Has there been a better comic creation than George Costanza? Kramer is a bit of a Mary Sue but brilliantly played.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version