General Chat > Film & TV

Current TV Boxset Addiction

<< < (2/643) > >>

Link Prime:
Totally agree about 'Breaking Bad' Radiator, I absorbed Seasons 1-4 in the same number of weeks.
One of the best shows ever, ever made.
No sign of Season 5 on DVD yet though...where on earth did you get that from?  ;)

I'll throw 'Sons of Anarchy' into the box-set arena...I've gorged on Seasons 1-4, and would reckon its as addictive as Umpty Candy!

SmallBlueThing:
Who needs dvd boxsets when you have back to back endless Mock The Weeks, Would I Lie To Yous and HIGNFYs on Dave? Mind you, they do shove the odd night of Gavin and Stacy or Red Dwarf to push me to Radio 4 Extra, so...

SBT

michael kennedy:
i know what you mean SBT but when theres a series that needs to be permantly on your shelf, you just gotta buy it.

heroes series one

luther series one and two

Professor Bear:
I avoided Caprica for two years because it seemed to embody everything bad about BSG, but got caught up in the last week or so and was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually does embody everything bad about BSG.  It's essentially a sci-fi series aimed at - or possibly just written by - 13 year old boys, about a sexy schoolgirl robot and virtual reality where kids have loads of sex and play Grand Theft Auto while discussing what is really reality, maaaan.  There's also some stuff about the Space Godfather and monothistic religion being totally heavy "because", and some 911 references.
It is horseshit of the worst kind, because it comes so damn near to being a good show but blows it in favor of wallowing in cliches beloved of dyed-in-the-wool sci-fi nerds, like using the word "frac" as an analogue of "fuck", yet everything else isn't an analogue, it's just the regular world transposed to another time and place, including sports stadiums, talk shows, digital broadcasting, the internet, mobile phones, licence plates on cars, the meaning of the word "Trojan" and so on, and of course, the whole series is also ultimately about a man making an anatomically correct sex robot of his dead 15 year old daughter.  As one does.
Also been watching The Flash, which is lowbrow hokum.  The production design pulls in one direction (the superhero costume and Shirley Walker's score are straight from the Burton-era Batman films) and the script pulls in another (most stories veer between camp, melodrama, and camp melodrama), but it's an impressive failure even if it doesn't know what audience it's aiming at.  None of it would stand up to a second viewing, I'm thinking.

--- Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 November, 2012, 05:54:16 PM ---Who needs dvd boxsets when you have back to back endless Mock The Weeks, Would I Lie To Yous and HIGNFYs on Dave?
--- End quote ---

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 20 November, 2012, 05:54:16 PM ---Who needs dvd boxsets when you have back to back endless Mock The Weeks, Would I Lie To Yous and HIGNFYs on Dave?
--- End quote ---

Because those are comedy panel shows, which isn't really the same as getting involved in a good drama.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version