Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Humble Bundle doing Humanoids now:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/incal-and-more-humanoids-books

EDIT: from what I can tell, here are the comics that weren't part of that other Humanoids bundle elsewhere a while back.

78p tier
Unfabulous Five vols. 1–3

£6.29 tier
The Zombies that Ate the World Vol. 1-6
Luisa - Now and Then

£11.80 tier
The Tipping Point Vol. 1-2
The Swords of Glass Vol. 1-4
Simak Vol. 1-2
Milo Manara's The Golden Ass
Metabarons Genesis - Castaka Vol. 1-2
Madwoman of the Sacred Heart Vol. 1-3
Leo Roa Vol. 1-2
Eros Gone Wild Vol. 1-4
Diosamante
Bramble Vol. 1-3
Alexandro Jodorowsky's Screaming Planet Vol. 101

sintec

I made a list to compare the two bundles as I was trying to work out whether this was worth the investment given the significant overlap.  Items in blue italics are unique to the new Humble Bundle, everything else was also part of the previous Groupees bundle.  The tl/dr is the first 2 tiers are mostly the same content as the Groupees bundle.

Tier 1
Unfabulous Five 1-3
Strangelands 1-2
Omni 1-2
Miss 1-4
Metal Hurlant 1-6
Ignited 1-2
I Am Legion 1-3
Exo 1-3
Tier 2
The Zombies That Ate The World 1-6
The Twilight Man
The Incal 1-6
The Big Country
Strangelands 3-4
Omni 3-4
Moon Face 1-4
Luisa - Now And Then
The Loving Dead 1-3
Ignited 3-4
Carthago 1-5
Barbarella 1-2
Tier 3
Weapons Of The Metabaron
The Tipping Point 1-2
The Swords Of Glass 1-4

The Metabarons 1-8
Simak 1-2
Pandora's Eyes
Muse 1-2
Moon Face 5
Milo Manara's The Golden Ass
Milo Manara's Gullivera
Metabarons Genesis - Castaka 1-2
Madwoman Of The Sacred Heart 1-3
Leo Roa 1-2
Eros Gone Wild 1-4
Diosamante
Bramble 1-3
Alexandro Jodorowsky's Screaming Planet 1-2

In Previous Bundle but not included here
Before The Incal 1-6
Final Incal 1-3
Metabaron 1-6
Legend Of The Scarlet Blades
Olympus 1-2
Marilyn's Monsters
The Eyes Of The Cat

Swords of Glass and Bramble both look superb and Metabarons Genesis nicely rounds out the Metabarons content from the previous bundle. Plus there are a few other Jodorowsky bits I don't have in here, including Madwoman of the sacred heart with Moebius which I've heard good things about. Which I for £11.80 is probably enough value to justify the double dipping. I could live without the additional Milo Manara and other erotica bits but meh it's not like they're taking up book shelf space.

Dodsy

So is the general consensus that the new Bundle is worth the asking price? I've never read any Humanoids stuff.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dodsy on 23 July, 2020, 03:55:26 PM
So is the general consensus that the new Bundle is worth the asking price? I've never read any Humanoids stuff.

If you don't have any Humanoid stuff then absolutely yes. Its a fantastic deal and while you migth not get on with everything for the price you are paying that's a risk well worth taking.

sintec

If you want a random stranger on the internets opinions I've been scribbling my thoughts on the comics from the previous bundle here https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=46452.0 there's quite a bit of crossover with what's included in this one.

karlos

Man of Steel is no longer being released as omnis, but instead as smaller hardcovers.

Contents for vol. 1, due in August:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR200660

Colin YNWA

The graphic novel offer a Zavvi has stretched its wings beyond the Eaglemoss collection and has added a load of new times 5 for £14.99

https://www.zavvi.com/home/books/dc-comics/offer.list

IndigoPrime

I'm fairly certain, despite their claims, not all of those are HC though. Marshal Law is SC, right?

Colin YNWA

Oh yeah I don't think they'll be hardcover but still its a good deal!

bernardsfingers

If you're into Peter Bagge you can currently get the Complete Neat Stuff double hardback set for under £20 from Book Depository via Amazon at the moment (RRP apparently £53.00, Amazon have it listed for £37). As a 3rd party seller I'm not sure how many copies they have though.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1606999427/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_tFbnFbA47JSF9

Dandontdare

ooh, that's tempting. I've got a stack of HATE and Neat Stuff buried somewhere, but a nice shiny collection .... mmmm

Colin YNWA

Wow thanks so much for that. I have a load of the old Fantagraphics collections of the different titles, so The Bradleys, Studs Kirby, Stupid Comics etc so this is a fantastic chance to upgrade to a complete set.

Thanks so much for the heads up!

bernardsfingers

I think Neat Stuff was just on the final couple of issues when I first read it - one of my mates at school lent me a couple of back issues. I bought a few back issues & some of the collections but I'm it's so long since I've read any of it I'm hoping it's still funny. I must have been about 14 or 15 at the time and remember laughing at the more puerile gags. Hate coincided with getting into booze, smoking and drinking and I loved it - still got the comics stored at my mum's house. Wasn't too keen on anything he did afterwards though (sweatshop, yeah!, etc). Anyway, I've bought this but I'm currently at full capacity at home so not sure exactly where it will go. I'm kinda operating a one-in-one-out policy and chucking stuff on eBay when I get the chance to make room but it's a slow process.

Dandontdare

Ordered! Thanks for the tip

Amazon pricing is weird: "4 used from £32.36, 12 New from £19.37"
Guess which one I went with (inc free postage)?

IndigoPrime

Be cautious with the Zavvi offer. I just bought another five books, including the Grant Morrison Kid Eternity volume — which turns out to not be that at all. It's a paperback one by Ann Nocenti. Not impressed. Awaiting a response from customer services now.