Main Menu

Concrete TV series from Universal

Started by Hawkmumbler, 08 July, 2015, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

No news on a director yet, but a deal has been struck between Dark Horse and Universal for four TV series based off oc their comic book properties to be adapted for the silver screen. First of these is Paul Chadwicks Concrete. I've yet to read the rest of the series but i've adored the first few volumes and know it to be a very good series indeed, so hopefully it'll make for good TV.

Colin YNWA

You'd think it was prime material for TV. The only question I have is why? What can the telly show offer that the comics don't. The obivous answer is a larger audience to Paul Chadwick's brilliant work. So thats cool, just having been lucky enough (thanks to a certain board member) to know its a quite brilliant comic I'm not sure what it will offer an existing fan. We'll see and I can't pretend when I saw this over at The Beat I wasn't intrigued and will no doubt follow with some interest.

Hopefully it will be great for Mr Chadwick and raise interest and readership in his quite brilliant work. Other than that... not sure. I'm so jaded with telly and film lifting from comics. Just buy the bloody comics would ya...

... well ya I know, I know. That won't happen and the telly show will help, just wish more people could discover this stuff as originally intended.