Main Menu

FCBD 2021

Started by rogue69, 19 December, 2020, 11:11:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomwe

Yup got my copy. Really good Dredd short, with quality backups (which obv I have already). Was it worth spending £3.99? The completist in me knows I must.

Colin YNWA

If anybody else is thinking of paying before you do I was able to pick up two extra copies on my travels today and happy to post them out - just give me a shout.

Colin YNWA

broodblik

Is the Dredd story good? I believe that is the only new story.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Leigh S

It's fantastic - really reminds you what we lost when Al set sail - I am imagining a Ewing/Niemand dominated Dredd with the bi-annual Wagner run that could have been....

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 28 August, 2021, 08:29:56 PM
It's fantastic - really reminds you what we lost when Al set sail - I am imagining a Ewing/Niemand dominated Dredd with the bi-annual Wagner run that could have been....

That would work a treat wouldn't it.

Colin YNWA

FCBD issues aren't what the used to be since ... someone ... seemed to want to stop Tharg turning out brilliant product. Still using the US format he's still giving us a decent treat. The Dredd is a pretty tight 6 pager and effective and hard. A good intro. The reprint materials is good for a newbie and so this is good compared to what else is on the shelf at FCBD these days.

Richard

Finally read this today, and that Al Ewing story is a treat. Absolutely great.

Colin YNWA

If anyone is still after this my LCS still has some. I took another two today (didn't want to take the piss) so if anyone wants one happy to post out - let me know if you are still looking.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 September, 2021, 01:23:18 PM
If anyone is still after this my LCS still has some. I took another two today (didn't want to take the piss) so if anyone wants one happy to post out - let me know if you are still looking.
Ooh. Yes please.
We never really die.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 28 August, 2021, 09:13:57 PM
FCBD issues aren't what the used to be...

Here are the fresh page counts (non-reprint strip pages) per FCBD:

2011: 01 [Obmoz]
2012: 04 [JD]
2013: 11 [JD & Planetronix]
2014: 17
2015: 18
2016: 22
2017: 17
2018: 28 [Regened]
2019: 29 [Villains Special - not actually FCBD]
2020: 06 [JD]

I'm not sure how many pages the current issue Dredd has, as I don't have it next to me.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

iutley

If anyone is still looking for this, and you're in the Dorset area, Paradox Comics in Poole have a copy on the shelf just waiting to be grabbed.

Richard

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 September, 2021, 01:23:18 PM

Oh, is this still available? Would love to read some new ALE-Wing droid Dredd.
DDT did a job on me