Main Menu

NEW CHOPPER COMIC ANNOUNCED

Started by Uztarroz, 01 April, 2021, 06:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uztarroz

So the "fan fiction" scenario I made as a joke along my Chopper illustration has been greenlighted by 2000 AD!!! And COSMOGOL 666 will be releasing the one shot "LOCALS ONLY" under licence!

More info about this project here:

shorturl.at/frHZ0

Rogue Judge

[spoiler]I fell for the click bait title...I fell for the link...never again will I be visiting the forum on April 1!![/spoiler]

I do like the Volcom sticker on the skysurf board. I worked for Volcom for years.

Uztarroz

The trick is not to post it in the morning! Say, you wouldn't have the contact of Volcom's art director laying around, would ya?

Apparently this drokking short url has a few hours lifespan... So for those who clicked the link too late we'll use the honor system: please go watch a Rick Roll video on you own, thanks.

Truth is, none of this was planned: I was coloring this piece, and I always liked the idea of doing fake comics covers with some of my illustrations. I was finishing it and it dawned on it that we were the first of april, so I said to myself: Why the Hell Not?

So, in order to redeem myself, I made a blog post about this illustration, becasuse it was my most challenging one and I made a critical mistake... I made it twice!

If you like process stuff and ramblings about creativity, you can read about the hows and whys, and the lesson learned here:

https://www.gorkauztarroz.com/2021/04/02/all-in-from-the-get-go/

Bolt-01

Nice try, and as a cover that looks grand!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

Uztarroz

Hear me out: Chopper's first encounters with sky-surfing as a teen, vintage boards, locals only sky-surf OGs, rival surf gangs, lousy sky-body-boarders, secret spots, impossible tricks... A girl... Dogtown VS Mega-City ONE cranked up to 11!