Main Menu

Origins vs Necropolis - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! Quarter Final 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 April, 2021, 06:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

skurvy

Necropolis - Never thought about it before but I agree this is kind of the end of classic Dredd for me too - I more or less bailed on 2000ad once it ended (until the original prog 2000 dragged me back).

Southstreeter

Origins. Just. I recall the thrill of anticipation when we had that advert in the previous end of year prog "history will be made".

But there will always be fondness for the Big Nec, and I'll probably vote fir it in the next round.

The Corinthian

Necropolis. Origins has some great stuff in it, but Necropolis is the superior story overall.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rogue Judge

Necropolis.

I've re-read this epic annualy for the past few plus years, always enjoy it. Perfect length and impact for an epic.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Whilst Origins was the start of a new golden period for Dredd that carried on to Tour of Duty, Origins itself just falls short of the absolute classics and so I'm going for Necropolis here.

Bolt-01

GoGilesGo

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

WhizzBang

Origins, because it is trailing. Both are great really and I cannot really say one is better than the other.

sheridan

Necropolis, even without including The Dead Man as a prologue.  Draws together threads which had been let hanging since Oz, including some new bits which came up with Young Giant, some of which are still with us.

Colin YNWA

This one only seemed to be heading one way from the off. Last day to turn that around as both are drawing votes and I'm going to count this one up in the morning so get your votes in today.