Main Menu

2000 AD Encyclop(a)edia - coming February 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

2000 Ad Encyclopedia - Hardback, 368 pages, 15th February 2022

From A.B.C. Warriors to Zenith! Meticulously researched and compiled for comics fans everywhere, the 2000 AD Encyclopedia is the essential fact compendium to the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

What are the essential Judge Dredd stories? In which progs did The Ballad of Halo Jones run? What year was the first appearance of Nemesis the Warlock? Just who are the Thrillsuckers? Look no further, Earthlets! Every strip and major character from 2000 AD's trailblazing 45 year history is catalogued and detailed, accompanied by stunning artwork and illustrations. With this show-stopping hardcover collection, must-read characters and storylines from across the cosmos are at your fingertips!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Arh man I want this to really work. I hope there's the chance to do a fresh edit from what we've seen in the Meg which felt a little imbalanced?

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 July, 2021, 05:49:30 PM
Arh man I want this to really work. I hope there's the chance to do a fresh edit from what we've seen in the Meg which felt a little imbalanced?

The earlier parts felt empty and lacking some content which for the latter parts where more completed and yes I believe an edit will be needed
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

One of the best things about turning the original Thrill-Power Overload articles into a book was the chance to revise and expand the text. IIRC The First Thirty Years hardback added 40,000 words. The 2017 edition added another big chunk to that.

Only 6 years until TPO50?

Max Headroom

Is the only difference between the standard hardcover and the webshop exclusive version the A2 poster? Seems like quite a big price jump?

XRayLexx

Is this the same as the recent stuff we've been getting from the Megazine?

IndigoPrime

It'll be like a second edition of that, in HC.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Well, this came in the post today buuuuuut.... Did anyone find that the were pages stuck together in the top right corner...?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Funt Solo

I haven't got one yet, but I'm curious to know if they repaired the glitches in their matrix. Mek-Quake!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Batman's Superior Cousin

And now apparently I'm getting a second copy of this with the A5 poster, which I originally ordered in the first place.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night