Main Menu

Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Videos

Started by The Bissler, 09 September, 2021, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

I recently commissioned good friend Simon Fearn to paint up my collection of Judge Dredd miniatures from the tabletop game by Warlord Games. Well, I received my parcel for the first half of the commission the other day and have finally gotten around to photographing it all! I hope you are as bowled over by his work as I am!

https://youtu.be/3IGw57Tfzgs

Trooper McFad

Good stuff Bissler the buildings will just add that wee bit more to the gaming experience. I have still to do my Dredd minis ( I've done the Stront ones at least)
I keep finding a new larger project taking up my time.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

Some very nice work here especially on the buildings and vehicles. Looks great!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 10 September, 2021, 09:57:47 AM
Good stuff Bissler the buildings will just add that wee bit more to the gaming experience. I have still to do my Dredd minis ( I've done the Stront ones at least)

Cheers Trooper - and thanks for watching! I agree, the buildings are pretty cool! I've got a few pieces I bought for Strontium Dog which hopefully will compliment these nicely. I've also backed Acid House Terrain's recent Kickstarter which should mean with everything I have I should have a fairly decent set up for Mega-City One. And I also own the Core Space game so I intend on using some of that for indoor battles!

The Strontium Dog game is really great and I'm hoping I enjoy the Judge Dredd game as much! I really love how Andy Chambers, Gav Thorpe and Roger Gerrish hardwired the narrative into the games using the Chicanery Cards (SD), Big Meg Cards (JD) and the Armoury Cards (both) which have original art from the strips and wanted more emphasis on the story than is usual in most games. As a lifelong fan of both 2000AD and tabletop gaming (I got into gaming a few months after discovering 2000AD as I spotted GW's Judge Dredd RPG), these games are a bit of a dream come true for me.

Have you played either game yourself?

The Bissler

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 September, 2021, 10:43:26 AM
Some very nice work here especially on the buildings and vehicles. Looks great!

Thank you Mr Barrington-Boots! I will pass on your kind words to Simon! I did geek out a little when I unpackaged all of that! And that's only half of it! I'll post up the second part (lots more Judges!) once it comes through but I expect that's a good few months away at the moment. Fingers crossed, I may try to put together a few Dredd game reports before then.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: The Bissler on 10 September, 2021, 11:07:15 PM

Cheers Trooper - and thanks for watching! I agree, the buildings are pretty cool! I've got a few pieces I bought for Strontium Dog which hopefully will compliment these nicely. I've also backed Acid House Terrain's recent Kickstarter which should mean with everything I have I should have a fairly decent set up for Mega-City One. And I also own the Core Space game so I intend on using some of that for indoor battles!

The Strontium Dog game is really great and I'm hoping I enjoy the Judge Dredd game as much! I really love how Andy Chambers, Gav Thorpe and Roger Gerrish hardwired the narrative into the games using the Chicanery Cards (SD), Big Meg Cards (JD) and the Armoury Cards (both) which have original art from the strips and wanted more emphasis on the story than is usual in most games. As a lifelong fan of both 2000AD and tabletop gaming (I got into gaming a few months after discovering 2000AD as I spotted GW's Judge Dredd RPG), these games are a bit of a dream come true for me.

Unfortunately not yet. I have no one to play with 🙁 but my daughter has offered to give me a game so will take her up on this when we have a family get together.
I've read the solo play games posted on here a while back and will give those ago as well.
But mostly I enjoy the painting and bringing them to life (they are no where as good as Simon's though)

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 10 September, 2021, 11:42:08 PM
Quote from: The Bissler on 10 September, 2021, 11:07:15 PM

Unfortunately not yet. I have no one to play with 🙁 but my daughter has offered to give me a game so will take her up on this when we have a family get together.
I've read the solo play games posted on here a while back and will give those ago as well.
But mostly I enjoy the painting and bringing them to life (they are no where as good as Simon's though)

Different people enjoy different aspects of the hobby and I have no problem with people who just enjoy the miniatures! I like having the minis on display but, being honest, I don't really enjoy the painting side of things and would far rather get on with rolling dice! I'm not great at painting either, but if you have fun doing it, that's all that matters!

I hope you manage to try it out and would love to hear how it goes!

The Bissler

I received rest of my collection through the post the other day so here's part 2 of the commission! As well as including plenty of Judges, it also features the recent Kleggs, Robots and Wally Squad releases...and a lot more! I'm really delighted with Simon's work and I hope you enjoy seeing them!

https://youtu.be/sHQ4qPHngNk

Trooper McFad

That's a cracking amount (and painted) of the Dredd minis.

I should get my finger out and start my lot but the amount to do is daunting. Maybe one day soon.

Enjoy you gaming 👍🏻

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 21 January, 2022, 10:40:01 PM
That's a cracking amount (and painted) of the Dredd minis.

I should get my finger out and start my lot but the amount to do is daunting. Maybe one day soon.

Enjoy you gaming 👍🏻

Cheers Trooper! I'm waiting on some terrain coming in but looking forward to getting a lot of use out of these later in the year!