Main Menu

Lawless 2022

Started by rogue69, 12 October, 2021, 07:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Weekend Tickets for me and the Mrs bought 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻- We did 2019 and thoroughly enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to this road trip 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Richard S.

ticket acquired (Saturday) - I'll probably wear my Dan Dare t-shirt (as I'm a big fan) and it makes me easier to find/avoid
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

Barrington Boots

Me: After nearly two years of no gigs, I have tickets for a weekend festival in May with loads of cool bands!
Also me: Lawless is on this year and I'm totally going!
My wife: Not to both on the same weekend you're not.

DROKKING HELL.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Mardroid

I attended Lawless a couple of years ago...*and booked ticket for the following year , which was cancelled for obvious reasons. Recently booked again, weekend tickets. Looking forward to it!

*I worked on a costume too.. then kind of chickened out of wearing it. In my defence the shoulder pads wouldn't bend around properly. Thinking of reworking it for this year... but we'll see.

Dandontdare

Have you seen the prices that the Hilton are charging for rooms this year?  :o

Maybe it's because I left it a bit late, but they want almost £500 for 2 nights! The Ibis and Travelodge are offering doubles at about half that rate.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 March, 2022, 02:37:57 PM

Maybe it's because I left it a bit late, but they want almost £500 for 2 nights! The Ibis and Travelodge are offering doubles at about half that rate.

Wow! I was early (well the wife was) but they weren't that much. Seemingly there's a music festival in the area that weekend so probably put up all rooms

Dandontdare

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 04 March, 2022, 03:31:01 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 March, 2022, 02:37:57 PM

Wow! I was early (well the wife was) but they weren't that much. Seemingly there's a music festival in the area that weekend so probably put up all rooms

It was far cheaper in previous years, but if there's a lot on best get something booked before the others go up too!

Dandontdare

Bizarrely, Hilton prices have now dropped quite a bit - over £150 cheaper than last time I checked- still not cheap, but I'm going to splash out and treat myself. It's always nice to be able to just roll out of the bar into the lift!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 March, 2022, 10:04:33 AM
It's always nice to be able to just roll out of the bar into the lift!

This was very much my reasoning... :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Barrington Boots

I might now be able to make this on the Sunday - for those who have been before, is it worth it? It sounds like most of the fun is Saturday night in the bar..!

Barrington Boots

I'm coming on the Sunday - would be nice to put faces to names if any other forum Squaxx are going to be there and would like to say hello / tell me I'm a bellend in person...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 17 May, 2022, 11:20:59 AM
I'm coming on the Sunday - would be nice to put faces to names if any other forum Squaxx are going to be there and would like to say hello / tell me I'm a bellend in person...

I'll be at the Rok of the Reds table for parts of the day, and most likely in the bar for the rest of it... :-)

All in black. Big hat. Bigger boots. I'd call you a [spoiler]REDACTED[/spoiler] but that honour is affectionately reserved for Pete Wells. ;-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

I'll be down from Cal-hab with the good wife for both days.

I was there in 2019 and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the panel's

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 May, 2022, 11:41:22 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 17 May, 2022, 11:20:59 AM

I'll be at the Rok of the Reds table for parts of the day, and most likely in the bar for the rest of it... :-)

All in black. Big hat. Bigger boots. I'd call you a [spoiler]REDACTED[/spoiler] but that honour is affectionately reserved for Pete Wells. ;-)
I'll be visiting that stand Jim with both my copies of RoK if you wouldn't mind signing them 😁