Main Menu

Tharg’s 2020 in Review - Best trade / collection / GNs

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 December, 2021, 07:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 31 December, 2021, 09:26:08 PM
3. Stainless Steel Rat - Deluxe Edition - I bought this for the Ezquerra art was pleasantly surprised by the fun story too. Especially enjoyed 'Saves the World'', it really picks up then.

Interesting, as that's my least favourite of the three diGriz adaptations!

Rogue Judge

Quote from: sheridan on 04 January, 2022, 12:50:57 PM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 31 December, 2021, 09:26:08 PM
3. Stainless Steel Rat - Deluxe Edition - I bought this for the Ezquerra art was pleasantly surprised by the fun story too. Especially enjoyed 'Saves the World'', it really picks up then.

Interesting, as that's my least favourite of the three diGriz adaptations!

Yeah, I found the first story a little repetitive as Jim flip-flopped back and forth a bit, and it felt very compressed, like there was too much story they wanted included but the ideas didn't have time to breathe. I felt that Saves the World (although anticlimactic) held my attention better and I'm a sucker for time travel. TBH I haven't finished For President yet, but really liking it so far!

IndigoPrime

Three HCs for me:

1. Tom Paterson Collection (I hope its absence from everyone else's votes doesn't mean it hasn't sold well)
2. DreadNoughts: Breaking Ground
3. Megatropolis

Colin YNWA

Nudge, nudge nudge -  2 days to go if you fancy a vote - we now have 9 tied for 3rd place!

NapalmKev

1: Deadworld - Book 3.

2: Thistlebone.

3: Dreadnoughts.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Arh Napalm Kev I could hug you. That last vote meant we got a clear cut result and a defined 1, 2, 3 ... so without any further ado

1st - Full Tilt Boogie. It was great in the Prog but that tread just looks lovely

2nd - Thistlebone - Arh poor ol' Thistlebone. The forum's Favourite Folk Horror always the bridesmaid (to some short of wedding of a Forest God probably) never the bride. Runner up in none Dredd Thrill of the Year and runner up here. Still a fantastic strip and collection.

Fall of Deadworld Vol. 3 - A little surprised, but delighted, by this a thrill whose are really deserves the showcase.

Superb choice all round.

Colin YNWA

One last thing. I think its important on this one to mention the diversity of voting. For so long - well until the very last vote in fact- we had numerous collections tied for third place and I love that. So I want to list the wide range of wonderful collections that tied for 4th (basically by being someones top choice). I can think of no more fitting tribute to the fantastic output of Tharg and the Treasury, nor the glorious diversity of opinions on this lovely forum than this.

So, deep breathe... with out further a do tied for 4th place are:

Armoured Gideon (Digital Edition)

Flesh: Midnight Cowboys (Digital Edition)

Third World War - Book 2

The Thirteenth Floor Vol. 3

Judge Dredd - Guatemala (look can we just skip over the fact the vote might have been entirely different if I'd not fumbled putting this in the list to start with!)

Revere (Digital Edition)

Judge Dredd: Case Files 36

Hugo Pratt - Night of the Devil

Tom Paterson Collection

Magnetica

I want to vote for the Stainless Steel Rat Deluxe edition, I really do, but I just can't as the covers gallery misses out a number of covers; it would have been great to include them all.

Colin YNWA

Whoops sorry should also just note

VOTING CLOSED

Which while hopefully clear I've not explicity stated.