Main Menu

Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Youtube Series

Started by The Bissler, 29 January, 2022, 05:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 March, 2022, 11:15:10 AM
I second the recommendation for Bissler's SD videos, they're a cool watch.
Definitely don't worry about having unpainted models. Just give the game a go and have some fun with it!

Yes, excellent point - it's a fairly recent phenomenon that I have properly painted minis on my tables, but for all those years that I didn't, I never let that getting in the way of playing! To be honest, I've always been far more interested in the games than the hobby and would definitely say go for it.

Thanks for the kind words Mr Barrington Boots and I'm thrilled you enjoy them so much that you'd be willing to recommend them to others! I'll also make Allan aware, I'm sure he'll be thrilled that someone with a name like yours is enjoying what he's up to!

Barrington Boots

My opinion is not to be trifled with! But yes, I don't often comment on the threads but I do enjoy watching them and I appreciate you posting them here.

I don't play Dredd / SD but I do play tabletop wargames and whilst things do look nicer painted and with lovely scenery, it's far from essential and important not to let it get in the way of the fun! I think it's also worth remembering that in the heat of battle, so to speak, you won't be looking at the paintjobs with anywhere like the same critical eye as when you're painting. It's a little different at skirmish level but when your rank and file die like flies, nobody really cares if some of the eyes are a little wonky or you didn't pick out the belt buckles.
The internet can be a great source of inspiration for painting but sometimes it can make you feel a bit inadequate when you see how good other people are. Just go for it when you're ready and have fun.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Bissler

Well said Mr Barrington Boots!

PS For those interested, I recorded two games of Dredd on Tuesday night and will be releasing the first "real play" video tomorrow night. I'll try to remember to share it here!

This was my first time really filming something like this, so all constructive criticism will be welcomed because I want to make them the best that I can!

The Bissler

On The Mean Streets Of Sector 43: Sugar Rush

https://youtu.be/MWnhM1ypjUc

As promised, here's the first of several real play videos, starting with the first starter scenario!

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 March, 2022, 07:18:30 PM
Good vid - like your street setup

Thank you Trooper, I greatly appreciate your kind words! Thank you for watching!

The Bissler

Dandontdare

I enjoyed these but was a bit lost - is there a vid that explains the basic mechanics? Those dice rolls were baffling! There's so much content on your channel (which I'm about to start browsing) but I haven't found that one yet.

and as Trooper McFad said, your set-up is fabulous, love those cardboard street sets

The Bissler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 01 April, 2022, 08:42:16 PM
I enjoyed these but was a bit lost - is there a vid that explains the basic mechanics? Those dice rolls were baffling! There's so much content on your channel (which I'm about to start browsing) but I haven't found that one yet.

and as Trooper McFad said, your set-up is fabulous, love those cardboard street sets

Thanks so much for watching and for the feedback! I haven't made any tutorial videos but that's only because Warlord Games (who make it) did a few little videos which I didn't feel I could improve upon. Hopefully they'll help!

https://youtu.be/onycLT6srns
https://youtu.be/jw1NEkhrWVU

I'm happy to answer any questions that you still have though!

If I could perhaps recommend the Strontium Dog: The Killing videos on the other thread under Games here? My pal Allan who shoots them puts a lot of effort into the narrative of the game and they may be more fun for someone unfamiliar with the game. If you're not interested in the game stuff, skip a few mins in to each report to where the action begins. These pretty much are an attempt to make a video comic and although I have selfish reasons to want to promote them, I genuinely think Allan's series is great and well worth trying out if you're a fan of the Strontium Dog strip (and feedback is always greatly welcomed).

The Bissler

Leigh S

Need to catch up on all these!

Will you be doing some videos on the Slaine game - got my order yesterday and I have to say I am impressed by the minis - the resiny material seems a bit better than the Dredd ones, but that might be my imagination!

Trooper McFad

Another great play through- again very impressive set up (buildings and vehicles) I know these details are not essential to enjoy the play but when watching shorts like you have produced those details are great.

Keep up the good work 👍🏻😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Bissler

Quote from: Leigh S on 15 April, 2022, 08:15:26 PM
Need to catch up on all these!

Will you be doing some videos on the Slaine game - got my order yesterday and I have to say I am impressed by the minis - the resiny material seems a bit better than the Dredd ones, but that might be my imagination!

Apologies Leigh, but Slaine is the only 2000AD game that's likely to pass me by. The minis look great and I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun but I don't have much in the way of fantasy terrain and I have fairly limited cupboard space.

The Bissler

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 15 April, 2022, 09:40:38 PM
Another great play through- again very impressive set up (buildings and vehicles) I know these details are not essential to enjoy the play but when watching shorts like you have produced those details are great.

Keep up the good work 👍🏻😁

Thanks so much Trooper, I'm delighted you're enjoying these so much! I've just received some other bits and pieces which will help up the look of the board and I've got a dice tray on the way so hopefully I'll the look and the format will keep improving! Cheers for watching and taking the time to provide feedback as it's greatly appreciated!

The Bissler

The Heist

Grab yourself some snacks and get comfortable as we embark on a titanic feature-length 50 point Notoriety clash between Billy Paxton Citi-Def and Mimi Carey Block Gangers! Can the Paxton Citi-Def succeed in their daring heist? More importantly, who are you siding with? Tune in to find out!

https://youtu.be/zKRdpS48Ns0