Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Angel Gang vs. Strontium Dog Round 2 Heat 89

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 April, 2022, 06:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So as we enter the second half of the tourney energy is no doubt flagging. We're all getting a bit sick of this nonsense and wondering can it possibly keep up the excitement and is it all just a bit too ... BOOM!... Hell the first full week of the second half of the tourney reminds us why we're here with a BLISTERING start and to be frank the quality just keeps on coming. WOW if energy was flagging the ties this week will bring us right back into the zone

And we are straight to the top of the pile, the tournament favourite finally makes its appearance. One of the key questions I have for this entire tournament is will anything seriously challenge Strontium Dog (we very nearly found out straight away - see today's other tie!)? Well here's where we start to find out. Quick note on the first victi ...opposition... this is Angel Gang as a stand alone story, so the series from the Meg by Si Spurrier and Steve Roberts NOT their appearances in Dredd, NOT Means solo stuff and NOT Angelic. Look just follow the linkie below... I mean if you need to even think about the result here that is...

Angel Gang - more info

Vs

Strontium Dog - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday April 7th and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

Let me think about this one. Well let's go for Strontium Dog. I like to support the underdog :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

abelardsnazz

The Angel Gang story was fun, but up against the legacy of Johnny unfortunately they don't stand a chance.

Strontium Dog.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Dark Jimbo

Tough Draw. To be honest, though, I can't think of anything that's going to be able to go up against Strontium Dog and come out a winner. It's basically an automatic knock-out.
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

Strontium Dog is the strip that is most responsible for me being a reader of comics, at all.

Those early Starlord strips were just so cool: time bombs with planets moving on, Papa Porka, Billy Joe etc.

So yeah, no contest.

Just like Jim, I can't think of any strip that can beat it in the tourney. The only danger would appear to be apathy i.e. people just assuming it will stroll through and not bothering to vote. Which did seem to happen at least once in earlier rounds to at least one strip.

(There is a strip currently running in the Prog that I just love, and have been thinking could challenge for my vote for the best strip ever, but as brilliant as it is, it just wasn't fundamental to my childhood, as Strontium Dog was.)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 04 April, 2022, 12:12:43 PM
angel gang

And on that bombshell! Don't leave us hangin' why not add some text as to why - not that you have to justify your decision I'm just really curious!