Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ro-Busters vs. Family Round 2 Heat 93

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 April, 2022, 06:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So as we enter the second half of the tourney energy is no doubt flagging. We're all getting a bit sick of this nonsense and wondering can it possibly keep up the excitement and is it all just a bit too ... BOOM!... Hell the first full week of the second half of the tourney reminds us why we're here with a BLISTERING start and to be frank the quality just keeps on coming. WOW if energy was flagging the ties this week will bring us right back into the zone

They just keep coming this week, I said yesterday that the break in top draw thrills wouldn't last long and here's Ro-Busters to prove that point. I love Family myself, have a glorious signed hardcover and everything... I don't think there's much point holding out any hope here for it though is there...

Ro-busters - more info

Vs

Family - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday April 9th and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

abelardsnazz

Ro-Busters has too many classic moments not to get my vote here.

sintec

Family had some great ideas but I'm not sure it quite landed them. Ro-busters.

Blue Cactus

Ro-Busters for me. The Rise and Fall storyline is a favourite of mine.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Ro-Busters here too. I keep meaning to reread Family- and oddly it's the collected edition I see most in second hand shops (along with Asylum and 13).

SBT

Dark Jimbo

Family was good, if a little hard to follow at times - good solid comics, if nothing to set the world on fire.

Ro-Busters is frankly a bit of a mess - so many different artists, tonally all over the place, often inconsistent, and very quickly loses interest in its own premise - but the bits that land, the bits that it gets right, are so good.
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Picking up on my point in the side show vote, Ro-Busters move to 2000AD took it away from the core of what it had been in Starlord. Which was disaster of the week, except for the last story, which started e concept of Mr Ten Percent as a villain. It's almost as if it was written knowing Starlord was going to be merged into 2000AD. Who knows, maybe it was.

Anyway, I much preferred the Starlord version. I'm not a big fan of taking characters out of their normal settings and making them outlaws. Hence also my preference for Stront caper stories rather than NBK ones. And don't get me started on Jack Bauer in 24.

So I voting mainly on Starlord stories here. If that's not allowed, just pretend I hadn't mention it 🤣.

AlexF

Ro-Busters by miles. Just to be contrary, im voting on the strength of the 2000AD era stuff; most of the Starlord stories were very silly. But the analogy of robots as working class whipping boys really works under th pen of angry Mills.

Family is little more than fine, even with Fraser doing some fine superpowers as body horror work.

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Can Ro-busters replicate the achievement of Lawless and get a shutout? So far so good with a day of voting to go.

rogue69

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!