Main Menu

FFT - ROUND of 16 - Nemesis the Warlock vs Zenith - Heat 08

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 August, 2022, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Unlike most, neither of these are my cup of tea. I don't prefer super heroes in 2000AD and dark sword and sorcery isn't my thing. Overall, I liked Zenith, especially book 1, and really appreciate all the crazy art I've seen in Nemesis. In the end, Zenith gets my vote.

Funt Solo

Fanny-baws! These are two of the heavy hitters that could potentially dethrone the predictable winner, and ONE MUST DIE!

Nemesis the Warlock is something I couldn't imagine existing anywhere but 2000 AD. That's not true of Zenith, which, fantastic as it is, is more derivative. Yeowell's art on Zenith is mostly wonderful, but there's the odd "what's happening now?" panel that detracts. The superlative art lavished on the Warlock never fails to impress.  I could go on, but I'm just listing out the reasons why this is such a no-brainer (between two giants of the prog).

Nemesis the Warlock

*By my count, I make this now a one vote lead for the warlock.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

davidbishop

IndigoPrime

Well, this is... quite the scrap and not at all how I imagined this bout would go. Interesting. I'd still put money on the winner being [spoiler]Nemesis the Warlock, mind you, because that seems to be how these things go[/spoiler]. I'll heroically avoid using my mod powers to edit this post, to see if I'm right when Colin rings the bell! :D

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

it started well, but the deviant votes are now massing.

no matter - it is my understanding that the rules of the omnihedron allow for a clear recognition that an infinite number of universes logically permit for an infinite number of alternative zenith adherents, too. this, therefore, allows believers to lodge an infinite number of votes for the clearly superior thrill.

zenith. vote early, vote often, and blame it on the parallels.

Colin YNWA

Yeah this one is way closer than I was expecting and stuill very much in the balance from an eye scan. I'm resisting doing an early count but its damned interesting to this point.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 26 August, 2022, 08:14:42 AM
@ this stage it is all square

Okay that NEEDS to change. I don't  want to have the final call on this one!

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 August, 2022, 08:25:02 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 26 August, 2022, 08:14:42 AM
@ this stage it is all square

Okay that NEEDS to change. I don't  want to have the final call on this one!

By my count it's not all square - there is one vote in it. And I've checked it twice.

sintec

eeeh having finally decided on this I'm gonna resist the temptation to have count before posting my choice.

Zenith is great comics but it feels like something that could have happened outside of 2000ad. Nemesis on the other hand is such a quintessentially 2000ad strip. Yes it runs out of steam a bit at the end but those early series are just superb. Nemesis

maryanddavid

GoGilesGo

IndigoPrime

Last-minute surge for the warlock knocks Zenith off the number one slot. I doubt there's any coming back from that.

Funt Solo

Ultimately, I would say the problem is that Zenith never realized the full potential of his powers - preferring to focus on his pop career. One fireball from an angry Nemesis, and that would be that.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++