Main Menu

Judge Dredd Themed Reading Lists

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 02 July, 2015, 09:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

Hi team

The recent release of the Democracy Mega Collection has got my mind racing (Not easy as the wife could confirm)

Has the board ever got its hivemind together to come up with themed reading lists for Dredd

i.e. Every story to do with Dredd and his family eg

Return of Rico
Vienna
etc etc

Every Robot on the rampage story
Every Mutie in the city story
Every Rogue Judge Story
Every Titan Judge Story
Every Sov judge story
Every Cursed Earth story
Every Alien Story
Every story where Dredd is just a plain hero

Also re the Democracy story line its normally Letter from a Democrat which is cited as the first story which shows the Judges in a negative light but shouldn't stories such as City Blocks Uncle Umpty Knock on the Door Unamerican Graffiti The Suspect Midnight Surfer Man Who Knew Too Much also be included as they show that the cits are secondary to the good of the city.

Which stories would you include in the Dredd acting like a bully to mega citizens for the good of the city?

radiator

I dabbled with customising my digital collection using Comic Zeal on the iPad, it was pretty cool (also time-consuming!).

As Rebellion trades are DRM-free, you can break them up into individual pages/stories, and dump the covers (and stories you don't like), load them all into CZ as separate 'issues' and from there, drag and drop the stories into themed 'collections'.

You could have all the big epics, arranged exactly how you want them and with every single lead-in/follow-up story - for instance the 'Judge Child Saga' collection would feature the original story and all the follow-ups like The Fink, Destiny's Angels and City of the Damned. What's more is that it doesn't matter if stories feature in more than one collection, so you could also have a 'Angel Gang' collection, which would feature all those previous stories, plus every other story featuring the Angel Gang and the standalone Mean Machine series.

The way John Wagner writes - ie having these little vignettes or supporting characters that he'll periodically return to - often decades apart (Mrs Gunderson/Quite Nice Bar, It Pays to be Mental, Slick Dickens, Kenny Who?, Branch Moronian/Hottie House Siege etc etc...) would make organising them into little collections extremely satisfying.