Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Well folks it's done

-Apart from a few Bonus submissions which are just as good as the first ones-

Every Advent I've seen or been part of has been great.
However you have to agree this years event has been special, super special, and that's down to all the Squaxx and Droids spending their time and effort's on creating wonderful art, prose, games and reviews.
It never ceases to amaze me what talent we have lurking on this board.
It was like having a dollop of my favourite Christmas dessert everyday- Trifle
I have to give special thanks to the 3 boarders who gave us the base for this pudding - Andy, Dash & Woody who were the jelly, custard and cream (they can choose which part they want to be) and the rest of us were the sprinkles and cherries on top. Sometimes we even got a dash of sherry.
Every day these hard working Squaxx shared with us old and new creations.
For me these were all brand new and a delight, funny and scary.

Again thanks to everyone involved and making this board a very festive and cheery place. Have the best time possible and we can all start afresh in the new year.

Trooper McFad
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

Quote from: JohnW on 24 December, 2023, 12:37:13 PM(There, there, Dash – you know I don't mean it!).

Sob!*

* For the avoidance of doubt, as in tears.  Not an acronym!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Fortnight

Aaaaaaargh! Trooper McFad take back all the nice things you said about Dash after this:

Quote from: Dash Decent on 24 December, 2023, 02:03:57 PMSheer desperation - a balloon and a cupcake/patty cake holder

Seriously though, that properly made me laugh out loud  :lol:

Trooper McFad

Stop it now just stop it -I'm on thrill overload.

Dash that "rubbish" you just threw into the Advent thread is just class

Dash Decent

No, no, I keep telling you - 'crass' is spelt with an 'r'!

Seriously, thanks guys.  I hope I didn't hog it too much.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Colin YNWA

I've spent the entire morning searching high and low, across thesauri and Dictionary.com for superlatives to describe my admiration for Dash Decent (and family) and failed to find one. You sir are the best of us (well aside from Trooper Mcfad who we have to thank for setting up the platform for your brilliance*)

John W your entry shouldn't get forgotten and Andy Lambert gets a second (new) piece of wonder as well.

Its been a Christmas miracle folks - thanks to each and everyone of you who have made the Advent Calendar not just what it used to be but amazingly even better! There's life in the ol' Forum yet.

*from best-I-can-do.com

Judge Woody

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 24 December, 2023, 01:56:21 PMI have to give special thanks to the 3 boarders who gave us the base for this pudding - Andy, Dash & Woody who were the jelly, custard and cream (they can choose which part they want to be) and the rest of us were the sprinkles and cherries on top. Sometimes we even got a dash of sherry.

Trooper McFad

So many thanks for your kind words, this was the first year I took part in these Advent shenanigans. Glad my snowmen went down well, and my Dredd / Father Christmas sketch was well received.

Have loved everyones submissions, extra applause to Andy for sharing his most amazing vault of art and treating us to 2 new ones.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Woody

Judge Woody

staticgirl

Thanks to everyone for everything that's been posted on the advent thread. It's entertained me and made me snigger a lot. Also wow you're all so talented!

JohnW

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 24 December, 2023, 01:56:21 PMAndy, Dash & Woody who were the jelly, custard and cream
Last year I was this close to being the custard.
Let that be a warning to you, Andy, Dash, and Woody: there's always someone younger, better looking, and more trifling coming up behind.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: JohnW on 24 December, 2023, 05:17:53 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 24 December, 2023, 01:56:21 PMAndy, Dash & Woody who were the jelly, custard and cream
Last year I was this close to being the custard.
Let that be a warning to you, Andy, Dash, and Woody: there's always someone younger, better looking, and more trifling coming up behind.
😂😂😂😂

Last year the advent was a cheesecake, you and Colin were that Cheesecake you can choose if you were the filling or the biscuit base 😁

Don't know what next year will be as long as it tastes good I'll be happy 😁

Dash Decent

Judge Woody, that's excellent.  I especially love how you've drawn Dredd.  You should post that on the 'proper' thread!

To the other JW, your detournements were excellent! I'm sure that next year the limelight and the lime jelly will be yours.

Andy, what can I say but your contributions were gobsmacking every day.  It was like having Clint Langley on tap.

To all the other contributors, too many to name - thank you so much, I enjoyed all of it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

"Aaaugh!  Garth Ennis, what are you doing to me now?"

Colin YMMV, that is absolutely epic and is going straight in my save file.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

staticgirl

Wonderful submissions for the final day.
Happy Gruddmas.

JayzusB.Christ

My Grud, I've just realised there's a whole page of the Advent Calendar I somehow missed.  And it's feckin brilliant.

Technically, the 12 days of Christmas haven't finished yet, and I'm in a beer hall / restaurant in the snowcapped Salzburg Alps, so I'm still feeling it!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"