Dredd, McNeil and Wagner - brilliant!

Trout

Holy shit, that is a great Dredd story.

Fungus

It's just a shame we're surprised !  :o

Fungus

Very happy with the prog at the moment.

broodblik

A very good prog with the cherry on top Dredd. I felt spoilt with the quality of Dredd stories since September. Wow what great art we are seeing from Colin MacNeil.

Jaegir is just brilliant, great art and great gritty story. 

Future Shocks can be a very hit and miss affair. This was a good enjoyable shocker. I do not know why but this reminds me of a classic by Alan Moore and John Higgins "The Last Rumble of the Platinum Horde" prog 217.

Another good cover

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rately

We really have been spoiled on the Dredd front in recent years, but Machine Law is just something else.

It is an event for me when John Wagner scripts Dredd, and this story, and the fact that we have Colin MacNeil providing the art just reminds me why I fell in love with the character nearly thirty years ago!

And a special mention to Chris Blythe, because his colouring is bloody superb.

I've already re-read it four times, so off to the rest of the prog!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Trout on 20 February, 2019, 01:36:25 AM
Holy shit, that is a great Dredd story.
Yep. Second week in a row where Colin's turned in an absolutely astonishing splash page.
We never really die.

dweezil2

That revelation in Dredd?!
Holy drokking, drokk!!!!

I'm constantly bemoaning the fact that MacNeil doesn't create painted art anymore, but his work on Machine Law has been nothing short of stunning-ably complimented by Blythe's colouring!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Judge Olde

Dredd  :o :| :'(

That reveal [spoiler]about Hershey[/spoiler] :'(

I think we've been SO spoilt with quality Dredd for some time now. But this is just building & building.
Now I know how the Gronk felt

broodblik

If you have read the Letters page it is mentioned in the comments that Abnett/Culbard is working on the next Brink book "Hate Box". Kingmaker is also returning next month.  Great news !!!
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Rately

Quote from: dweezil2 on 20 February, 2019, 02:16:49 PM

I'm constantly bemoaning the fact that MacNeil doesn't create painted art anymore, but his work on Machine Law has been nothing short of stunning-ably complimented by Blythe's colouring!

It took me so long to get used to non-painted MacNeil, which was entirely my own fault, but the art he has been producing, and some of the stuff I'm just catching up with... Just magnificent work.

robert_ellis

What off planet disease could be eating a certain person?
It's a puzzle! (6,7)

Magnetica

Quote from: broodblik on 20 February, 2019, 10:26:24 AM
Future Shocks can be a very hit and miss affair. This was a good enjoyable shocker. I do not know why but this reminds me of a classic by Alan Moore and John Higgins "The Last Rumble of the Platinum Horde" prog 217.

That's my all time favourite future shock...don't really see the similarity with this week's though. (?)

Quote from: dweezil2 on 20 February, 2019, 02:16:49 PM

Yes I'm alway bemoaning that too. When you have set the bar so high it's off the scale it's hard to compete with that in another style. But if this style means we get regular MacNeil rather than once every 5 years, then that's good enough for me. Still, I think his stint on Tour of Duty was his best non painted stuff.

Richard

broodblik

Quote from: Magnetica on 20 February, 2019, 07:02:35 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 20 February, 2019, 10:26:24 AM

That's my all time favourite future shock...don't really see the similarity with this week's though. (?)

Both cases they where conquered by "themselves". But the whole setup is completely different.