Main Menu

Judge Blair strikes again

Started by IndigoPrime, 01 September, 2006, 12:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Blair once again appears to be challenging Dredd for the '#1 fascist in a position of authority' prize -- see the link below. Next step: lock them up as soon as they're born! It seems the thing B.L.A.I.R. 1 got wrong was who wore the Judge uniform...

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5301824.stm" target="_blank">Blair to tackle 'menace' children

House of Usher

"There could be sanctions for parents who refused to take advice, he said."

It's that nanny state again.

Having known a few families who were poor and not aware of help they were entitled to, I am of the opinion that every family with problems, that struggles to make ends meet and bring up their own kids, should have access to a social worker if they want it. It would be a great job creation exercise for under-employed middle class graduates; but it would also be phenomenally expensive. No wonder Tony Blair seems to favour the stick more than the carrot.

Whatever Tony Blair is proposing, you can be your life it's going to be cheap. The root cause of much of the antisocial behaviour Blair is talking about is poverty; and I can't see him promising to dole out more money to families on low incomes any time soon.
STRIKE !!!

IndigoPrime

Still, with a little luck, we've less than four years of a Labour government to go. (Man, I never thought I'd be hoping for a Tory government in my lifetime, but that's the case now, thanks to Blair and co. utterly selling out every single thing that once was Labour, and the Lib Dems self-destructing, thereby putting them out of the running as serious contenders for at least another decade.

Hmm. Maybe the Green Party can somehow grab 40 per cent of the vote...

Dog Deever

What a fascist cunt!
All politicians are wankers- I try not to vote in general elections- a 'no-vote' is a vote against the whole corrupt system. In the end, they all agree with each other about this sort of stuff anyway (to a greater or lesser extent).
I wish there was a box marked:

None of the above, they're all self interested COCKPOUCHES!

It would get my X every time!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

House of Usher

They take comfort from the fact that people who are opposed to them don't vote. They would worry more if all those people got together and... I don't know... voted Green or something. Then they might buck their ideas up a bit because there would be a real possibility of them losing power. Alternatively, you can just let them get away with it.
STRIKE !!!

IndigoPrime

:: a 'no-vote' is a vote against the whole corrupt system

No it isn't?a 'no-vote' helps he status quo and is seen as someone who simply can't be arsed. If you want to vote against the system, show up and spoil your ballot. Spoiled ballots HAVE to be counted. If a million people did that, people would hear about it. If a million people don't show up, no-one cares.

Max Kon

JOE SOAP

Wils

Does this mean that my suggestion of forced sterilisation of chavs would be frowned up by the Hive Mind?

It's on the same list of mine as my idea of culling (with sythes!) certain elderly people; the doddery (the ones who mill about town centres in droves like Dawn of the Should Be Dead, slowing you down when you're trying to get to work and holding the queue in Greggs up for 20 minutes when all you want is a bloody corned beef pastie) and the bitter (the ones who are twisted inside about being old and deliberately push younger people into the road or try to inflict pain on them).

House of Usher

Admit it Wils, it was you wasn't it, who wrote that letter printed in the latest issue of Private Eye?

"...On average, bus passengers are who are employed at all (many are pensioners, students, schoolchildren or the unemployed) earn far less than car users. This is because their time is less valuable to the economy. It makes no sense whatever to give them priority over people in cars."

Masquerading under the name of Richard Austen-Baker, Lecturer in Law at Lancaster University? You're not fooling me!
STRIKE !!!

Dog Deever

Got to hold my hand up to spoiling a few ballot papers over the years- mostly with a circled A instead of an X, and some gratuitous 'fuck off's' It's kind of what I meant when I said 'no-vote'. I have voted for strataegic reasons in the past also. Mainly to keep the fucking Tories out of my area- lots of fat cat farmers (rural area) voted Tory before, and sometimes voting SNP was necessary because it hung in the balance. But shameless graffiti is a usual tactic, though I voted to keep Labour away last time. We get lots of independants (read: Conservative) in locals and they sometimes have to be kept out with strataegic voting. Our local council is notoriously (for N Scotland!) corrupt and reticent whoever gets in. The problem is that it's always the same type of small-business, self-made, self-interested, big fish-small pond arseheads who stand.
Why can't they just fight each other instead? Then we could always force feed them Ketamin instead! Tee! Hee!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

JOE SOAP

Any vote spoiled or unspoiled is a vote for the system.

Dudley

Whereas not voting at all is a vote for returning to feudal monarchy.

Dudley

Whereas not voting at all is a vote for returning to feudal monarchy.

IndigoPrime

:: Any vote spoiled or unspoiled is a vote for the system.

No, it isn't. A [clearly] spoiled ballot is a vote AGAINST the system. You're saying "I'm aware of my rights to vote, I've actually shown up, but I don't believe in the system/parties".

What do you suggest as an alternative? Not voting and not taking any action at all does nothing?THAT supports the "system" more than anything.