Main Menu

Vanguard Issue 1 - available now!!!!!

Started by Van Dom, 07 July, 2011, 09:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygrimmbrother

Got mine the other day and I must say sterling work all round chaps. The whole thing smacks of quality - you'd never believe it was issue one, seems very assured. And a fantastic McMahon-esque cover from Ghostpockets really helps it stand out from its peers. Now if you haven't already, get ordering!

Van Dom

Cheers MGB, thanks for the support and glad you enjoyed it.
As the man says, I still have some copies left so feel free to drop me a line. I only did a very small print-run of these so get one before they're gone. Issue 2 is gonna be even better! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Once again - a hearty "Thank You!" to everybody who has been kind enough to purchase a copy of Vanguard! from us. And thank you again for all the kind words and valuable feedback.

If you weren't quite tempted enough to fork out for a paper copy, but would still like check out the fruits of our creative loins, I have at last begun to embrace the 'future', as they call it, and have created a digital version of our wee comic. So, if that is more up your street, you can now purchase a pdf of the comic for just .99p over at lulu.com - go here to do just that.

I've also got it up on myebook.com for the same price, so if that's a site you use regularly you can check it out here instead.

Obviously, I'd prefer to sell you a bonafide, tangible COMIC but if you are one of these Future Boys (or Girls!) please do give us a whirl. 24 awesome pages of raw, unadulterated comic fun for less than a quid??? Come on!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mardroid

You left in an extra "http:" at the start of each URLs.  These work though:

Quote from: Van Dom on 08 August, 2011, 09:31:07 PM
So, if that is more up your street, you can now purchase a pdf of the comic for just .99p over at lulu.com - go here to do just that.

I've also got it up on myebook.com for the same price, so if that's a site you use regularly you can check it out here instead.

Van Dom

Dangit! Thanks Mardroid. That url hyperlink thingy was confounding me yesterday, thought I'd nailed it though!
Cheers for the fix!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Another review of the comic has gone live on irishcomicsnews. com HERE

It's another pretty positive one.

Reviews are an interesting business. Comparing this review to the ECBT2000ad one a couple of weeks ago, the reviewers' opinions are almost polar opposites. Whereas the ECBT2000ad review liked the cover and Mammoth Jack, but didn't like the fantasy-based Halo and the Gryphon, this reviewer loves Halo and the Gryphon story, doesn't think much of the cover, and seems to have been disturbed or offended by Mammoth Jack, which is only described as a "gorefest that won't be to everyone's tastes". Interestingly enough, I couldn't ask for a better comment about Mammoth Jack than that! That's exactly what it is, and if it ever comes together as a collected edition, that's the quote I'll be using on the back cover!!! :)

In any case, it looks like I might just have managed what I set out to do, in having "something for everyone". The addition of "The Sluagh" in the next issue should broaden the scope still further.

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Greg M.

If, as you suggest on your blog, there's some manner of differing male / female perspective, that must make me a big girl, 'cos I definitely enjoyed Halo and the Gryphon the most (not that the others weren't good, mind.) Mind you, I also thought the cover was superb, so that puts me back to being a bloke again. Cue manly grunting and discussion of games featuring balls...

JAMESCOR

Just had a proper read of my down load cracking stuff, loved the cover and I'm keen to see where some of these strips go. More soon please.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Just gotten this today (along with the new issue of CLiNT) and I have to say this:
The only story that currently interests me is Gryphon & the Halo. I would definately buy the next issue!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Van Dom

Thanks James and B.S.C
B.S.C, I'm sure we'll win you over to the other stories when the main plots of each kick off in earnest in the next issue. :)

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Greg M.

I see you guys got a cracking review over on Comics Bulletin:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/13181088335239.htm

Best line of the review:

Quote"I have no idea what the heck is wrong with Dirk van Dom, but I think I like it."

I reckon that's the sort of compliment all writers want to hear. :)

Van Dom

Wow! I hadn't actually seen that yet! Thanks for pointing it out Greg.
That review is great! Really made my day that has!
Well done to all my fellow Vanguardians! :)

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

El Chivo

Apart from questioning my gender...

Yay!!

Chi

Van Dom

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

El Chivo

Either that or a very butch bird..

Yes, yes i am a bloke
(otherwise it'd be 'La Chiva' which isn't even a word in Spanish)

Chi