Main Menu

FFT - FINNNALLLLL1!!! - Strontium Dog vs Nikolai Dante

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 September, 2022, 06:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

I'm kind of cheating here by just closing my eyes and thinking of the art. And while Carlos may be the greater individual, the one-two punch of Simon Fraser AND John Burns is greater still.
Stront has the better character designs; Dante has the superior sci-fi world, not to mention the broader range of emoting from its lead characters. (Mind you, that single tear Alpha sheds for Wulf was a fantastic panel).

Anyway, mostly for the beautiful pictures, I'm voting Nikolai Dante.

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

IndigoPrime

That's already more votes than I expected Dante to get. Blimey. Maybe there's a battle here after all. [spoiler]I predict it'll still end something like 2:1 to Strontium Dog, mind.[/spoiler]

davidbishop

Mike Carroll

Funt Solo

My Nikolai Dante vote is actually a vote for Nemesis, because they both start with 'N'. Also, Morrison and Mills both start with 'M'.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sintec

Robin Low

I've not voted in a single one of these votes before, so if that kinda disqualifies my vote, I've no problem with that.

Strontium Dog

Dante is a masterpiece, and probably the only strip since Zenith that I think stands alongside the early classics.

However, Strontium Dog is one of the early classics and Johnny Alpha is the only comic character who I care about as much as Dredd.

Regards,
Robin

nxylas

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 September, 2022, 01:49:13 PM
That's already more votes than I expected Dante to get. Blimey. Maybe there's a battle here after all. [spoiler]I predict it'll still end something like 2:1 to Strontium Dog, mind.[/spoiler]
I wonder if the fact that Stront was seen as such a runaway favourite to win might actually work in Dante's favour, a bit. Nobody likes to think that they're simply following the herd.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: nxylas on 13 September, 2022, 10:13:31 PM
I wonder if the fact that Stront was seen as such a runaway favourite to win might actually work in Dante's favour, a bit. Nobody likes to think that they're simply following the herd.

I'd just assume folks are voting for the strip they prefer and some folks prefer Dante to Strontium Dog.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Sean SD

rogue69

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me