Main Menu

Mad Max - Fury Road

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 June, 2012, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Quote from: Tordelback on 26 March, 2015, 07:47:02 PM
Going to have to see this in the cinema, aren't I?

Yeah, you'd be crazy not to. It's a huge movie.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ThryllSeekyr

I saw a preview for this a the movies this afternoon and as I wondered at the amount of non Australian talent head lining this (Aside from the Indian fellow who was in the very first film!) and wether this was even filmed in my country? (I will look into this sometime!)

It odes look even more spectacular because of the near improved special visual effects. Just look at the  gigantic wave wall of dust and sand and those explosions and Charlize Theron (The Ron???) is almost flawlessly hot looking.

Remember, I asked who the hot girl with the shaven head was, because I just didn't place her without her trade mark blondie locks. Could never get over her monstrous appearance in the film of similar name and how paranoid it made me about high way hookers.

TordelBack

'Indian fellow' = Hugh Keays-Byrne? I always thought he was as Australian as persistent interrogative inflection?

EDIT: Oops, no,sorry, IMDB reports born in Kashmir. But surely naturalised Ozzer by now!

Goaty

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tordelback on 30 March, 2015, 10:52:56 AM
'Indian fellow' = Hugh Keays-Byrne? I always thought he was as Australian as persistent interrogative inflection?

EDIT: Oops, no,sorry, IMDB reports born in Kashmir. But surely naturalised Ozzer by now!

I thought he was a New Zealander born in India.

blackmocco

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 30 March, 2015, 10:29:52 AM
I saw a preview for this a the movies this afternoon and as I wondered at the amount of non Australian talent head lining this (Aside from the Indian fellow who was in the very first film!) and wether this was even filmed in my country? (I will look into this sometime!)

It odes look even more spectacular because of the near improved special visual effects. Just look at the  gigantic wave wall of dust and sand and those explosions and Charlize Theron (The Ron???) is almost flawlessly hot looking.

Remember, I asked who the hot girl with the shaven head was, because I just didn't place her without her trade mark blondie locks. Could never get over her monstrous appearance in the film of similar name and how paranoid it made me about high way hookers.

Filmed in Namibia as the original Australian Mad Max locations were blooming with flowers at the time. Not exactly the post-apocalyptic setting you'd hope for.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 30 March, 2015, 11:17:07 PM
Look at the flowers....

Sorry, that wasn't meant o be taken seriously.

everdefiant

Looking forward to this one. Tom Hardy is an acting powerhouse with some quality films to his name.

Goaty

Full Trailer!! More insane! Stunts looks real and awesome!!

http://youtu.be/hEJnMQG9ev8

TordelBack

It would be rude and disrespectful not to see this film. It's already given me so much joy.

Colin YNWA

Wow I don't get to the cinema much... well except to go and see films that have Disney shorts that cash in on mega-smash hits ahead of them... sigh guess what I'm doing today... but have to say that has me sold.

Its gone from pure refined bonkers to strangely intrigued about the story bonkers.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: everdefiant on 31 March, 2015, 06:05:16 PM
Looking forward to this one. Tom Hardy is an acting powerhouse with some quality films to his name.

Was never really impressed with him in that Star Trek - Nemesis film. He made for a irritating villain or maybe he was meant to be like that and now I realise he was in some prohibition film more bulked up.

He does look much healthier now.

The rest is yet to be....

TordelBack

Everybody was crap in Star Trek Nemesis. Everybody and everything. It was that kind of movie.

ming

Looks simply amazing - not been excited about a film since, well, ever.